Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2007, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,635 times

Advertisements

I am a 28 yr old female, who since turing 27 my body has felt like a train has hit it. Let me start by saying I do nothing physically that could have caused any of these symptoms. Starting from head to toe, my head hurts all the time, not normal headaches, pain, not migraine and located on left side of head top, back, side, etc. I have TMJ-and have braces also to get jaw surgery in near future..headaches started before braces were put on. neck pain front and back, hard to swallow, had left side of thyroid removed 6 mo ago, no relation according to doctors. left arm is weaker than right, loss of sensation in arm and hand/fingers, also radiates down left leg at times, back now hurts, esp lower. Also, radiates to chest(thinking heart problems)..abdomen discomfort most days, and I try to eat healthy..whatever that means. Feel tired and fatigued all the time, dizzy and nautious...at times. Not one thing causes these symtpoms to flare or eleviate. Doctors after doctors have done tests, blood work, etc...no signs of anything serious..oh yeah..except recently they STUMMBLED across a mass on my left kidney!....HMMMMMM..sounds crazy but real feelings and not sure what to do. Some of these can be dibilitating..scared of the worse, blood clot in brain, tumors, etc...cancer..HELP! At least talking about them makes me feel a lil better..right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Wow, it sounds like you feel awful! For one part of your problem~have they done an MRI on your neck and your back to rule out herniated discs? Since you have pain that radiates down your arm, that would be a thought.

Also, have they considered that you may have fibromyalgia?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM

396 posts, read 1,699,330 times
Check out Celiac disease. 98% of Americans are undiagnosed and 1 in 120 have it. It casue a wide variety of symptoms. Ask your doctor for a blood test. It takes an average of 11 year of various symptoms to get diagnosed. I have it and wasted over 10 years of my life feeling bad and all I had to do was give up eating gluten.

Good luck! I hope you can figure out what is wrong.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower53072 View Post
Check out Celiac disease. 98% of Americans are undiagnosed and 1 in 120 have it. It casue a wide variety of symptoms. Ask your doctor for a blood test. It takes an average of 11 year of various symptoms to get diagnosed. I have it and wasted over 10 years of my life feeling bad and all I had to do was give up eating gluten.

Good luck! I hope you can figure out what is wrong.

Good point.

I first heard of Celiac disease when one of the hosts on The View, Elizabeth, mentioned she was diagnosed with it.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,255,285 times
You're getting the mass checked out right? Hmm, what are the symptoms of lupus? I know fatigue is one but you may want to look into that. I just turned 29 yesterday so I'm about your age. I feel for ya, hope the MDs find whats wrong. (hugs)

Old 07-08-2007, 09:14 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,628,085 times
Wow....so many symptoms who knows but a couple of thoughts....

Did the DR's test for Lyme disease as it causes some neurological problems and other symptoms you mentioned. Secondly i agee with the other posters about checking out Celiac disease so maybe staying off wheat and grains for about 2 weeks and see how you feel. Thirdly any exposure to mold...or any Candidia issues. Stick out your tongue...is it coated white or thrush??

If all these don't pan out and Dr's are stumped maybe going on a cleanse (Candida, Heavy metal, Liver Cleanse etc) may help out.....

Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 5,635 times
I have had multiple blood tests done throughout the past year and they say that my liver function, kidney function and thyroid levels are great. No lupus found in a routine blood test, I know there are deeper tests that can be done for that. I also was tested to see if I was allergic to gluten and the results were negative, however it sounds like something that can take awhile to develop. My tongue looks normal, pinkish color it should be. I am going to still ask my doctor about lyme disease and lupus. When I bought my house about two years ago there was some slight mold under the old carpet, my fiance gutted the whole place, he used kilz and allot of bleach to kill the mold and odor...hmmmm...however if it was related, wouldn't he have similar symptoms? I just know that this sucks and I do not want to waste this time feeling horrible. I feel I have already wasted a whole year constantly worried about my health and it affects everything and everyone around me. Thanks for the ideas and thoughts! I appreciate them.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:46 AM

39 posts, read 98,973 times
I am not a medical doctor, just speak out of experience.
First check your bowel movement habit, regular daily movement is absolutely important for good mood, high energy, and holistic health
Second, check that you don't eat dairy food, or whole grain food that have not been fermented
Third, stay away from bean products that have not been fermented
Fourth, stay away from food that make you feel tired
Fifth, look for food that has prebiotics in it

Old 01-05-2010, 11:58 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,728,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viableandfresh View Post
I am not a medical doctor, just speak out of experience.
First check your bowel movement habit, regular daily movement is absolutely important for good mood, high energy, and holistic health
Second, check that you don't eat dairy food, or whole grain food that have not been fermented
Third, stay away from bean products that have not been fermented
Fourth, stay away from food that make you feel tired
Fifth, look for food that has prebiotics in it
i hope she's gotten a handle on her health issues by now.
that post is 2 1/2 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness