Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,250 times

Advertisements

A repeat turp is not as uncommon as people think. There are many reasons as to why; it's all individual. I was suggesting to you if you wanted to bring more info on the subject of turps then to start a thread on the subject might be a good idea.
Glad your seeing the urologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
Followup on my Urinary infection re a repeat of a TURP.

Gave info on another thread a while ago today that the VA hospital says that I need it again. I addition I need the 3 day old boy treatment also at my tender age of 78.

In my case "never to late" is in the works. Not sure if it will be two separate surguries or both done the same time I'm under.

My system is resistant to antibiotics at this stage so there is no other alternative.

Steve

Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
I know the original OP probably isn't reading this since her last post was at the end of January, but I worked with a man who used to always have UTI or kidney infections. He was told by his doctor, off the record, to drink 2 beers at night before bedtime. Every night. He hasn't had any more problems.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:57 PM

214 posts, read 1,981,402 times
Default Original Poster here.....

Well here we are, how many months later and my husband is still having the same problems. he has had many tests done including a cystoscopy, 2 CT scans, 2 sonograms/ultrasounds, and a few other tests that I cannot remember the name of right now. He doesn't feel that antibiotics are working for him as well anymore since he has been on them SINCE DECEMBER!!
He has since switched to a different urologist since the first one never figured out what was wrong with him but this guy was supposed to talk to his gastrologist (my husband has Crohn's disease) but he has not called him back yet. (this has been 2 weeks). They did a test to check for a fistula (that would be from his Crohns) but that was fine too. Any other suggestions out there?

Old 04-25-2010, 01:53 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,624 times
Wow, the only other thing I can think of that a physician did with a patient with chronic cystitis (and I don't know what your husbands problem is) is a really old time treatment. He instillled a sterile vinegar preparation into the bladder and let it stay there until they eliminated it. I think he did this a couple of times, maybe three times one week and the patient seemed to get better.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:37 PM

427 posts, read 550,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarie View Post
Well here we are, how many months later and my husband is still having the same problems. he has had many tests done including a cystoscopy, 2 CT scans, 2 sonograms/ultrasounds, and a few other tests that I cannot remember the name of right now. He doesn't feel that antibiotics are working for him as well anymore since he has been on them SINCE DECEMBER!!
He has since switched to a different urologist since the first one never figured out what was wrong with him but this guy was supposed to talk to his gastrologist (my husband has Crohn's disease) but he has not called him back yet. (this has been 2 weeks). They did a test to check for a fistula (that would be from his Crohns) but that was fine too. Any other suggestions out there?
Hi. Just want to relate to you what has happened to me in the past, and what i ultimately decided to do, to remedy my problem. To try and make a long story short, one day i had blood in my urine. After my first Dr. visit it was decided i had prostatitis. However, my only simptom was to me the scariest one, the blood. So I get pills, it goes away. Comes back again, same pills, this time more testing including a tiny camera going where it shouldnt go, x rays, this and that. Don't have cancer, just, they say, prostatitis. Pills don't work so well this time, so i get a stronger one or different one, finally clears up. I'm fine until it comes back again 6 or so month later. Ok, I'm thinking, I'm not going to be taking these pills the rest of my life. Besides, not being one who believes in alot of medications to begin with, I've got to see if i can do something with this on my own, without meds, something more natural,yeah, perhaps one of those "natural" cures. Boom, it comes back again, the blood, plenty of it. No Dr. this time. Maybe there's another way? For ME anyway, there was. What cleared my problem twice as fast as the medication i had taken in the past was 3 parts warm water with one part organic apple cider vinegar with "the mother". Drank, or rather sipped that like i was drinking tea 3 or 4 times a day. That was several years ago. My problem hasn't returned. Still do my concoction with the vinegar, not nearly as much though. Again, this is just what I did and what worked FOR ME. Hope your husband finds HIS answer!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 AM

293 posts, read 1,035,759 times
Did the doctor check for kidney stones? I kept getting infections and I had a kidney full of tiny stones. Also, years before, I had tiny polys in the bladder. When the problems were fixed, the infections stopped.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudysmom View Post
Did the doctor check for kidney stones? I kept getting infections and I had a kidney full of tiny stones. Also, years before, I had tiny polys in the bladder. When the problems were fixed, the infections stopped.

Yes, that is what his first CT scan was primarily for. He has since had another CT scan with the dye; a cystoscropy where they put the camera up him, 2 sonograms, another test where they sent a catheter up him through his bladder to check for a fistula, and probably something else that I am forgetting. After reading some advice on here he is now drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cidar vinegar with cranberry juice two times a day. Like I said, he is desperate at this point and since neither of the doctors are figuring anything out he is trying to fix it himself now! He is out of the newest antibiotic now and has the Cipro(sp?) but he says that that doesn't really help anymore with the discomfort.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudysmom View Post
Forgot to say that they have checked his kidneys, bladder, prostate (twice or three times I think now).

Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
I am just wondering if you have been checked for a vaginal infection. If you are having intercourse, it could be possible that you keep passing it back to him. Maybe you should both take antibiotics just to be sure.
Exactly what I was thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness