Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:41 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,058 times

Advertisements

I need some input. I have noticed that everytime summer comes along my fibro seems to flare up. I have also noticed that the more humid it is the more my legs hurt. I am getting unvoluntary muscle spasms again. Guess what I hadn't gotten any since last summer. Has anyone experienced this or have you seen your Fibro flare durring any kind of weather changes or seasons???? Just wondering if this is only happening to me or are there others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
I need some input. I have noticed that everytime summer comes along my fibro seems to flare up. I have also noticed that the more humid it is the more my legs hurt. I am getting unvoluntary muscle spasms again. Guess what I hadn't gotten any since last summer. Has anyone experienced this or have you seen your Fibro flare durring any kind of weather changes or seasons???? Just wondering if this is only happening to me or are there others.
Thats a good question, never thought about FM being affected by the weather. I have been having such a time with my Rheumatoid Arthritis that my FM is like background noise if you will...

I have been having a time w everything... LOL I think thats why I haven't noticed my FM as much, I will have to keep a closer eye and get back to you

Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 PM

160 posts, read 432,603 times
My sister has M.S. which is greatly affected by the heat. I'm not saying you have M.S. however, it can be difficult to diagnose and muscle spasm is a side effect for her. I'm so sorry your in pain, I wish you well!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.wilson View Post
My sister has M.S. which is greatly affected by the heat. I'm not saying you have M.S. however, it can be difficult to diagnose and muscle spasm is a side effect for her. I'm so sorry your in pain, I wish you well!

The doctors at first believed I had MS because of my labs; aldonase, lipids & sed reate all VERY elevated. The theory was MS or lupus. Turns out Im borderline for BOTH. However, when I had my spinal tap it came back negative for MS. They will repeat it soon (that was three years ago) because my labs all indicate MS.

I am sorry to hear about your sister MS is very debilitating.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
The doctors at first believed I had MS because of my labs; aldonase, lipids & sed reate all VERY elevated. The theory was MS or lupus. Turns out Im borderline for BOTH. However, when I had my spinal tap it came back negative for MS. They will repeat it soon (that was three years ago) because my labs all indicate MS.

I am sorry to hear about your sister MS is very debilitating.
Very ele Sed could mean RA... have you had a Total Body Bone Scan ?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Very ele Sed could mean RA... have you had a Total Body Bone Scan ?
No, I haven't. I've been debating or putting off going because I have so many appiontments as it is that I dread having to go to another doctor.
But it was difficult even to get out of bed this morning. But I will look into it. Thanks for the advice cinder.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
No, I haven't. I've been debating or putting off going because I have so many appiontments as it is that I dread having to go to another doctor.
But it was difficult even to get out of bed this morning. But I will look into it. Thanks for the advice cinder.
Who do you see for your FM? I see a Rheumatologist for my RA and FM, and I actually used to work for her, and the group. I knew I had pain all the time, and I was always thinking, man, I think I have Fibro... and they were like, naw, you're crazy. LOL

Well, this of course, is true, but doesn't apply. LOL

I have since stopped working there about 3 years ago and immediatly sch an appt w her. She thought I had some general aches and pains, maybe some problems with repetitative use of the hands on the keyboard, etc.

She did a trigger point test and I had them all... eeeek. I have seronegative RA. Sometimes my levels are up, if I am in a really bad flare, but the only way she could dx it was by a TBBS. When I had it, it litl up like a Christmas Tree.

When you have RA, your body will have equal damage on each side of the body, and it did. So, we knew what was the matter. All that time I was working there and feeling so bad, and I knew something was the matter, finally a dx.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Who do you see for your FM? I see a Rheumatologist for my RA and FM, and I actually used to work for her, and the group. I knew I had pain all the time, and I was always thinking, man, I think I have Fibro... and they were like, naw, you're crazy. LOL

Well, this of course, is true, but doesn't apply. LOL

I have since stopped working there about 3 years ago and immediatly sch an appt w her. She thought I had some general aches and pains, maybe some problems with repetitative use of the hands on the keyboard, etc.

She did a trigger point test and I had them all... eeeek. I have seronegative RA. Sometimes my levels are up, if I am in a really bad flare, but the only way she could dx it was by a TBBS. When I had it, it litl up like a Christmas Tree.

When you have RA, your body will have equal damage on each side of the body, and it did. So, we knew what was the matter. All that time I was working there and feeling so bad, and I knew something was the matter, finally a dx.
Cinder, whats a TBBS???

Old 06-09-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Cinder, whats a TBBS???
Total Body Bone Scan. This is a diagnostic test used to find out if a patient has RA. Also, drs use this test to find out if a cancer has sread to different areas of the body or metastasized.

With out this test, they would not have known I had RA. I have what they call Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I dont have ele sed rate or ana, etc. Only when I am in a super flare does my sed rate or creatinine levels go up.

I had regular plain films, mri of hands, labs, everything. I still had all of the symptoms of the disease but nothing to confirm it. Hence the TBBS. I lit up like a Christmas Tree on that thing.

Since I used to work for rheum for over three years as I was laying on the table I could see all of the little dots coming together in all of the areas that were affected over my body and I knew I had it before the dr even has the report. When you have RA you are affected almost equally bilaterally.

My name is Robyn...

Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Cinder, whats a TBBS???
Total Body Bone Scan. This is a diagnostic test used to find out if a patient has RA. Also, drs use this test to find out if a cancer has sread to different areas of the body or metastasized.

With out this test, they would not have known I had RA. I have what they call Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I dont have ele sed rate or ana, etc. Only when I am in a super flare does my sed rate or creatinine levels go up.

I had regular plain films, mri of hands, labs, everything. I still had all of the symptoms of the disease but nothing to confirm it. Hence the TBBS. I lit up like a Christmas Tree on that thing.

Since I used to work for rheum for over three years as I was laying on the table I could see all of the little dots coming together in all of the areas that were affected over my body and I knew I had it before the dr even has the report. When you have RA you are affected almost equally bilaterally.

My name is Robyn...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness