Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,987 times

Advertisements

When i first came to Dr. Roman for help,i had been suffering for 5 years.I had been given muscle relaxers,pain killer and physical therapy.I tried shots,massages and over the counter pain relievers.All of this to no avail.When i saw an ad in a local paper and the story about a shoulder pain,I was amazed that Dr.Roman new exactly what i was suffering from.I can't thank him enough for giving me my life back.I can't say how much i am thankful to him.if some one suffer from same problem then in my opinion Dr.Roman is the best person for more info visit--

Chiropractor Lawrenceville GA, Suwanee, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 07:10 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
I use to think they were quacks. My new husband and his mother used one (this was years and years ago) and use to talk about how good they were and what they did. Like I said, I thought they were quacks until I took my husband one time and after working on him, the man turned to me and asked me if I was having any problem. I told him I wasn't, I had NO complaints. He kept after me (I really think he KNEW what I thought of them) until I told him I had a finger joint that was swollen and hurt from time to time. He looked at it, told me to get on the table so I thought "what the heck, lets try it" and got on the table. He gave me an adjustment and I got up, looked at my finger and told him It was still swollen. He told me to forget about it and look at it when we got back home.. I was stunned when I got home and remembered to look at it. The swelling was gone and it has never bothered me again. He won me over and I became a faithful patient of his for many, many years.

It use to embarrass me the things he would tell me about my own body after feeling up and down my spine, PRIVATE, PERSONAL stuff that he could tell just by feeling my spine. He told me one time, "You been having some pretty bad head aches haven't you?"... I HAD but never had mentioned it to him. I didn't have them anymore after that day.....

I don't know if all of them are like that man was or not but I thought that man was almost TO smart... he sure knew his stuff and knew to much personal stuff about me just from treating my body! I eventually moved away and don't even know if he is still alive anymore.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Laura707 wrote:
I use to think they were quacks.
IMO, that's because the AMA has done such a thorough snow job of convincing the public that any health practitioner other than MD types is a quack, that anything other than allopathic medicine, drugs, and surgery is quackery. Slowly, the public is waking up to the fact that allopathic medicine not only doesn't have most of the answers, but some of its practices are quite harmful and even fatal. I think the population in general is looking for kinder, gentler, non-invasive, natural ways of healing. Chiropractors, among others, fit that bill very nicely.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
I just came back from mine a while ago. Like Shadowcaver says, there are good ones and bad ones, and I am lucky to have a good one. I'm pretty arthritic from the shoulders all the way down, and I can put up with it, but the back pain I won't put up with it when I know the back is out of line.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
Quote:
IMO, that's because the AMA has done such a thorough snow job of convincing the public that any health practitioner other than MD types is a quack, that anything other than allopathic medicine, drugs, and surgery is quackery. Slowly, the public is waking up to the fact that allopathic medicine not only doesn't have most of the answers, but some of its practices are quite harmful and even fatal. I think the population in general is looking for kinder, gentler, non-invasive, natural ways of healing. Chiropractors, among others, fit that bill very nicely
Actually CosmicWizard, I am from a different state and where I was from, we didn't have them.... if we did, I hadn't heard about them so I had no preformed idea of them and what they did. I am assuming it was because I had never heard of them that I assumed they were quacks because I sure didn't know what they did! I know now and even suggest to people to try one if their medical doctor isn't helping their problem. I LOVE the fact that they do NOT give medication but TREAT the cause of your problem without medication, surgery and a bunch of tests that usually leaves them still now knowing what your problem is.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:26 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I just came back from mine a while ago. Like Shadowcaver says, there are good ones and bad ones, and I am lucky to have a good one. I'm pretty arthritic from the shoulders all the way down, and I can put up with it, but the back pain I won't put up with it when I know the back is out of line.
Exactly, there are good and bad. I had one when I lived in Switzerland and he was fantastic. When I returned to the US, I had one in NY who did nothing for me.

I now live in AZ and would love to find a really good one. But how do you go about doing so?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:52 AM

Jaggy001....A friend of mine, Dr Peter Ney in Sedona is an excellent chiropractor. I wholeheartedly recommend him....if you get an appointment with him. I also like Dr Lebaron in Mesa.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Jaggy001....A friend of mine, Dr Peter Ney in Sedona is an excellent chiropractor. I wholeheartedly recommend him....if you get an appointment with him. I also like Dr Lebaron in Mesa.

Many thanks for the recommendation. As I live in Sedona, the choice is obvious.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 PM

If you can't get an appointment with Peter Ney, I also highly recommend Marc & Jan Viafora at the Mountain Dove Clinic. I got excellent results from their treatments also.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,944,761 times
I loooooove my chiropractor. I'm only 24, but as I sit hunched over a computer for 10+ hours a day, my back and neck have bothered me for years. It was at a point where I couldn't stand for more than 3-5 minutes before my lower back was spasming. Not good.

After a few months of going, there was a noticeable difference. Now I just go in once a month to keep things adjusted nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness