Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM

23 posts, read 43,268 times

Advertisements

There are many civilizations throughout history but only a few have standed the test of time. Why has every civilization fallen in the past? this can be answered quite easily to be exact. Most civilizations had a huge reputation of falling while under distress and failure to co-exist with one another. See I believe that we as americans will one day fall. First you must realize how a civilization falls. Their are tons of reasons why this occurs. Only few are easily recognized by modern society. Many people believe are financial woes cause the fall of civilization that is not entirely true. Civilizations fall due to famine or loss of resources. Yet others fall to wars and distress. During the dark ages some people took over the kingdom because the city was either engulfed by disease or by the fact that the rulers are corrupt. Many reasons why civilizations fall. Only a few stand out as completely knowledgable. Rome fell due to a lot of reasons one is the economy, war mongering tribes invaded the city and the spread of disease. The question is are we next?

Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Randolph, civilizations most likely fall because of inner conflicts/contradictions/inconsistencies

Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
I think Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel had some very interesting explanations of this.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,368 times
acordin to my "Call to power 2" computer game i play america (usa) Is infact a civilization and is one of the most interesting civilizations ever to come to be on the earth. the USA also has many contemporary competeing civilizations. on this game i selected north america map and was aloud to have 8 players on the game i wanted to be the americans becasue i knew they were the most powerful but i also wanted to see the modern world. and not have to simulate battles with native americans. so the 8 powers were as follows Americans ,Canadiens ,Cubans ,mexicans ,nicaraugans , english ,dutch , and french.

overal im certain that the USA is a glorius civilization and will stand the test of even more times to come. it may be decades or even another 100 years before the country breaks up. but acording to aeon trinity rule book the USA had broken up some time by the year 2100 AD and this was also part of the genisis video game syndicate and theres many other future worlds that depict a broken up USA in a future world. in Aeon trinity it was kinda a fuedal system where there were only 5 american republics and each had its own capital but the ruling force of it was the military holding each rupublic tied to the central government but the idea of 50 states being separte tied to the DC was long passed. my favorite american republic was " Tex-mex " it was oklahoma ,texas ,new mexico , and a hugh portion of mexico put together to make a new country. also another was california republic and the list goes on. its very likly this fiction has truth in it it may be true that the USA will break up but not in our life times but a few decades after we die its very possible at first it will be anarcy but eventually order will be restored and the diffrent american republic's will co-exsit with each other in a very globalized society.

but im kinda a young man only middle aged i could easily live for 40 more years so im certain if i do live to be old and die a natural death that i will live to see more to come but the financial woes of this USA could be reversed if spending is cut and pay roll taxes are raised 1.5% back to 2009 levals but spending would have to be cut very drasically.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
All empires fall.

Mighty nations rise and fall. It is almost a law of gravity.

But it's not that simple. People almost never just disappear (although something like that happened on Easter Island - rare exception), it's more of a political situation where one government succumbs to another. When the Spanish invaded the Aztec Empire in modern day Mexico, what happened? The Aztec ruling class was overthrown by the Spaniards but the ordinary Mayan-speaking Indians just traded one set of lords for another.

Another example is the mighty Persian Empire. It didn't disappear, it was temporarily overcome by Alexander the Great, but within a few generations it re-emerged as the Parthian Empire (Persian, Parthian = same thing) to become a major world power that was a real pain to Imperial Rome (Mark Antony tried to conquer it without success although he did get Armenia as a consolation prize).

Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 AM

63 posts, read 120,918 times
Really good thread! I´m predilection for Ancient times. I think one "empire" is still alive - the Catholic church. Reason? She has a simply recipe: belief, hope and love. Other emipires presented a mostly blood and usury.

For me, it´s a hard exactly defined reasons why every ancient empires fall. Personally, if the Roman Empire built the own power on the more moralistic symbols, the modern world would come earlier. What is an important fact? The current Europe is still standing on the columns of Roman and Greek Empire.

Next fact. The Dark Age doesn´t exist for me. The Middle Ages was more positive as many historics say at the moment.

Megas Alexandros was the biggest visionary (maybe first globalist) who didn´t destroy the cultural identity of nations. This fact is key for our future!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM

23 posts, read 43,268 times
Smile American Goverment & its downfall

Well I believe that goverment should stop hiding secrets from the public. See I sort of think our population is swiftly growing leading the root cause of why our goverment is hiding so many secrets. beginning at 9/11 it was a terrible year for our goverment and we risked millions of peoples lives when the towers fell yet I believe like pearl harbor could have been prevented. See I know that the goverment is planning on a "depopulation project." Maybe by making the number of babies swell down a bit for the next years to come or by causing a pandemic"virus" to sweep across the world. I'm in fact not a conspirator yet I am a little on the "downside" about our ultimate reality and our destiny as a nation. Me myself hate both dominant political parties that even our founding father would most likely reject. Plus our goverment the rich are getting richer while you know the rest. Yet every civilization has fallen in the past. I believe our future is going to be a terrible one. I myself am an ancient alien theorist/creationist/philosopher and I see the world in a different light a light that is too hard to admit intentionally...We ourselves are caught up in the moment of materialism and secularism where we wait for our problems until they finally face us dead on and up close. America is in fact like Soddoom and gommorah in the bible. Our media has glorified sex, murder, corruption, foul words(cussing), and materialism. Our world won't be the same for all eternity. Soon we ourselves wll notice that the practices of our society will be refused in the upcoming ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History