Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,066,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
This Aivars Garda is a complete nutcase. His organization consists of 10 people at most.
Many more, I'm afraid - but in this case even one is way too many. Why are they not in jail? Their propaganda is not only about people of Russia, but primarily about Russians, who live in Latvia - who are fascist occupants, and must be deported.

Quote:
About those photos. Such kind of posters where distributed by nazi propagandists in all occupied territories in local languages. Nothing special.
What is special - is that this nazi propaganda is now in circulation in Latvia and Estonia!

Quote:
Educating children about their country's history is kinda normal thing I believe. The fact that they exhibit uniforms and weapons of that time is even better. Kids like that kind of stuff. I also went to Latvian school and believe me - there is NOTHING that in any way glorifies nazism, fascists or nationalsozialism. Not a single word.
They weared SS uniform, for some reason with swastica, and told kids about SS heroes, who defended the Fatherland from Russians.

Quote:
First of all, I haven't had an opportunity to call them in any way because I haven't ever met even one single skinhead in my life. You see, unlike in Russia, we don't have so much neonazi stuff going on in Latvia.
Skinheads is a subculture. Latvia has quite a few neonazis - for example those, who print nazi calendars, and march in SS uniforms. And some of them are in the government...

Quote:
Russian skins in action:
Caucasian neonazis? You are hilarious. This beating was organized by a Caucasian businessman Robert Nazaryan, who received 6 years in prison. He could get up to 12 years. Others received 3-5 years.

On the other video that's football fans and nationalists.

Neonazis are hunted down like savage beasts, not supported by the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
That's hilarious. You're actually trusting Nazis to correctly count votes now?
They wouldn't count them in Soviet favor - that's for sure.

Quote:
There were no free or fair elections in Latvia, Estonia, or Lithuania between 1939 and 1991. None at all.
When almost all people elect the government - how do you call it?

Quote:
unable to recognize the monstrous crimes of the Soviet régime
Crimes should be proven.

Quote:
Fortunately it's now 2012 and your favorite empire died 20 years ago, and it's never coming back.
It doesn't look dead to me:

ãîðîä-Ìîñêâà - öèôðîâûå ôîòîãðàôèè Ìîñêâû

Quote:
And by the way, I spent a total of 6 months in the USSR in 1985 and 1989, so I know very well what it was like. Were you even alive then?
I remember that ugly period perfectly well.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times
I wasn't aware that the USSR had been re-established. Thanks for sharing.

As for evidence:

http://demoscope.ru/weekly/2007/0313/tema05.php

http://demoscope.ru/weekly/2007/0313/tema06.php

(- ) //

http://www.massviolence.org/IMG/arti...ugust-1937.pdf

«

http://www.paulbogdanor.com/left/soviet/rosefielde.pdf

Stalin-era mass grave yields tons of bones | Reuters

The Great Terror

Repression and Terror: Stalin in Control

Gulag: Soviet Forced Labor Camps and the Struggle for Freedom

The History of the Gulag - Khlevniuk, Oleg V.; Staklo, Vadim A. - Yale University Press

Æóðíàëüíûé çàë | Íåïðèêîñíîâåííûé çàïàñ, 2006 N2(46) | Ïàâåë Ïîëÿí - Íîâûå êàðòû àðõèïåëàãà ÃÓËÀÃ.

And if that's still not enough, there's even a museum in Moscow.

About State Gulag Museum —

But I suppose you'll "argue" that every single one of those sources is hopelessly biased or just plain wrong.

And finally, if a 100% popular vote is an indication of popular approval, then I suppose you believe North Korea is the happiest place on earth.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM

152 posts, read 260,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Many more, I'm afraid - but in this case even one is way too many. Why are they not in jail? Their propaganda is not only about people of Russia, but primarily about Russians, who live in Latvia - who are fascist occupants, and must be deported.
Sorry but I'm afraid that much less than 10.

Quote:
What is special - is that this nazi propaganda is now in circulation in Latvia and Estonia!
Are you writing from mental hospital?? Where do you even dig up this bulls.h.it?? Show me the sources, please. It will be a nice laugh.

Quote:
They weared SS uniform, for some reason with swastica, and told kids about SS heroes, who defended the Fatherland from Russians.
Because Latvian Waffen SS soldiers didn't sew their uniforms by themselves(lol). Germans gave them, I guess.

Quote:
Skinheads is a subculture. Latvia has quite a few neonazis - for example those, who print nazi calendars, and march in SS uniforms. And some of them are in the government...
What kind of medication do they give you, poor guy?

Quote:
On the other video that's football fans and nationalists.

Neonazis are hunted down like savage beasts, not supported by the government.
If a nationalist is also a racist then he becomes pretty much the same as neonazi in my book.

P.S. Good God mate, you really need some help. You're really halucinating.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I wasn't aware that the USSR had been re-established. Thanks for sharing.
And I'm not aware that it died.

Prisoners in SU... And? Topped at 2.6 mln in 1953... 2.3 mln in US today... And?

An order to arrest criminals... And?

Show the prove that certain number of criminals were in fact innocent.

Quote:
And if that's still not enough, there's even a museum in Moscow.
Do you understand that GULAG means Prison System?

Quote:
And finally, if a 100% popular vote is an indication of popular approval, then I suppose you believe North Korea is the happiest place on earth.
I asked a very exact question - how do you call it, when almost all people gather to elect politicians?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM

[quote=Kiss Kiss Bang Bang;26940774]Are you writing from mental hospital?? Where do you even dig up this bulls.h.it?? Show me the sources, please. It will be a nice laugh.
????????? 21-?? ???? :: IMHOclub - ?????????? ?????? ??????

It includes a link to a publisher (Estonian, incorporated in Latvia).

Quote:
Because Latvian Waffen SS soldiers didn't sew their uniforms by themselves(lol). Germans gave them, I guess.
SS = nazism. Plus swastica... Did your legion even weared the third reich eagle?

Quote:
If a nationalist is also a racist then he becomes pretty much the same as neonazi in my book.
I don't approve them, but dig a bit deeper - they were demonstrating against racism, and a very criminal one. And caucasians flocked to Moscow to attack them...

Quote:
P.S. Good God mate, you really need some help. You're really halucinating.
Where do you really live, if you are not aware of what happens in Pribaltica?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,303,973 times
One reason they liked Nazis over Nazis allowed people religous freedom. Many ethnic Russians hadn't been in a church for years until the Nazis came. True of all countries in eastern europe.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:07 AM

888 posts, read 1,591,220 times
Quote:
Next, I suppose you'll be telling us that the Finns were a bunch of fascists for refusing to welcome Stalin to their country.
I guess you missed some his posts on the Europe forum, he's done it already

Starting from scratch after the WW2 era wasn't probably easy, but i think the way things eventually played out for us, a small country in the middle of stones and sticks with modest natural resources, speaks for itself. Karelia on the russian side of the border is now a corrupt armpit of the world, was at one time the most prosperous part of Finland. But i guess if wanting the rest of the country to not end up in a state like that by any means possible is "fascism" and "nazism", then so be it

Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
I was in Yugoslavia many years ago and listened to a WW2 vet there talk proudly of killing Nazis and Russians at the same time...since I had just come out of Vietnam fighting communists, he considered me a "Brother-in-arms".

Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM

940 posts, read 1,935,426 times
Quote:
Do you know, how they were and are still treated? There's a reason why he experienced this from Russians in Latvia, but not in Russia.
If they were not treated fairly, it's because Latvians weren't treated fairly in the first place.

When those Latvian forces joined SS, SS didn't have the connotation that it does now. We can look back and see everything that happened, but Latvian soldiers wanted to fight for the freedom of their country, and German soldiers wanted to fight for their country, just like American soldiers want to fight for their country, when they went to Iraq.

Did American soldiers know there were no weapons of mass destruction? No. Did Latvian soldiers know at the beginning of the war what Germans would do? They were between a rock and a hard place.

To say that people sent to prison camps were guilty of crimes, just tells me that you need to do some more research and reading. I suggest "Stalin" by Edward Radzinsky and "Life and fate" by Vasily Grossman, actually the movie just came out on RTR in Russia.

Listen, Stalin was a paranoid nut, who used his power to destroy everyone around him, and enjoyed playing with the fate of nations. They have a lot in common with Hitler, and who knows may be history needed someone like Stalin, to stop Hitler. Latvia was caught up in the middle, and no one back then had the perspective that we have now.

Both of my grandfathers were Russian soldiers, and they went to war to liberate their country, they had no idea what was happening on the big scale, as we know now. My grandma's brother burnt to death in a tank, and my grandpa's brother was missing in action.

My grandfather was in German prison camp, but I found out about it after he died, because he kept it a secret, so that he wouldn't be sent to Gulag, like most of imprisoned Russian soldiers were. By your logic he was a criminal, and deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History