Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

I had never heard of this place until I saw a photo today saying its one of a dozen places on earth you cant visit... so I thought Why? has anyone heard of this place.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1sVH_blog.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 11:57 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
I suspect that there are more than a dozen places on earth with restricted visiting. "Gentleman's Club" is the covering dynamic which permits these places to exist. In my region it is the "Ingomar Club" which is composed of a group of men who purchased the single most desirable tourist destination in the county, the old Carson Mansion, and keep it all to themselves...no visitors, no non members without a special invitation. The mansion is one of America's best examples of Victorian architecture, as well as offering the highest elevated view in the city of Eureka.

Pretty much all major US cities have some sort of gentleman's club. Here is a list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Old 08-17-2016, 01:19 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Anyone who is into conspiracy theories will tell you all kinds of things about the Bohemian Grove.

Supposedly, the secret group (the Bilderbergers, the Rothschilds, the Illuminati) that really controls all the world's governments meets there. Then there is some bizarre connection to aliens, child sacrifices, etc.

Do a google search with Bohemian Grove and either Alex Jones or David Icke and have fun.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 PM

100 posts, read 122,338 times
I haven't been there -- at least not that I know of because I have been lost in Northern California -- but I first read about the Grove in Maupin's "Significant Others," and also remembered this article from the old Spy Magazine (the folks who first pointed out Trump's tiny hands).

Masters of the Universe Go to Camp: Inside the Bohemian Grove

Anywhere in the redwoods is a good place to be.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:35 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
It's just a sort of summer camp for business and gov't types, a place where they can "unwind" from stress, and relax. They put on goofy skits (sometimes misogynistic), get drunk, and cut loose, acting like children for a week or two. There's a rule against discussing business or using the occasion for business networking. The idea is to get away from work and business concerns. There's a women's day, when wives and daughters are allowed to drop in. Other than that--no women allowed.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:27 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Thanks for your input... Id never heard of the place until recently..and is there a female equivalent I wonder..

Old 08-22-2016, 04:55 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Brian Meltzer did an episode of the "Decoded" program on the History Channel about Bohemian Grove. Unfortunately, he chose to use Alex Jones as a source of information. In spite of that, the program probably contains a lot of general information about the place.

[vimeo]27050204[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/27050204

Old 08-22-2016, 12:57 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Thanks for your input... Id never heard of the place until recently..and is there a female equivalent I wonder..
This is just what I was thinking, after reading your OP. They could, conceivably, have a few sessions that were for women only, but if you think about it, women don't really need that type of de-stressing. We don't need to get sloppy drunk for a week and act out our frustrations and hostilities in a juvenile manner. Women go on spa vacations for a week to achieve the same results. Those places already exist.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:17 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
The First Rule Of Belizean Grove: Is You Don't Talk About Belizean Grove | TheGrindstone

It made the news in 2009 when one of its members, Sonia Sotomayor, was nominated to the United States Supreme Court. She was eventually pressured to resign her membership.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:19 PM

50 posts, read 45,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Anyone who is into conspiracy theories will tell you all kinds of things about the Bohemian Grove.

Supposedly, the secret group (the Bilderbergers, the Rothschilds, the Illuminati) that really controls all the world's governments meets there. Then there is some bizarre connection to aliens, child sacrifices, etc.

Do a google search with Bohemian Grove and either Alex Jones or David Icke and have fun.
Nothing to see here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History