Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,077 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a hobby. I am a very social person. Love to dance sing, love the arts. I love traveling abroad and in the states. I am the leader in my social circle and love coordinating social events and do so very well.

But I am looking to find a hobby and unsure what. I love public speaking and have done that for large organizations many times. Could do it in my sleep. I am thinking about taking a salsa lesson. I am very gregarious and just want to do something fun for me besides socializing with my circle. Trying to expand my horizons

Any suggestions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I am trying to find a hobby. I am a very social person. Love to dance sing, love the arts. I love traveling abroad and in the states. I am the leader in my social circle and love coordinating social events and do so very well.

But I am looking to find a hobby and unsure what. I love public speaking and have done that for large organizations many times. Could do it in my sleep. I am thinking about taking a salsa lesson. I am very gregarious and just want to do something fun for me besides socializing with my circle. Trying to expand my horizons

Any suggestions....
Hmmm...if you're good at public speaking, why not look into being a docent for your local museum? Dancing is also a good hobby for someone who is very outgoing. Or, get involved in your local theatre group and start doing some stage acting?

Old 09-16-2010, 07:20 AM

I LOVE acting--I wonder where I could get involved in that.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
I LOVE acting--I wonder where I could get involved in that.
Community theatre to start with. Many high schools have drama departments,maybe one near you could use a volunteer.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,804,417 times
Where do you live? The acting scene is pretty good in most major cities, but community theatre is definitely where to start.

Dancing lessons sound like a good idea for you also. What about language classes? That's a way to meet new people and learn a new language. You said you like art so if you live near a university, you could take an art class or a continuing education class.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:

Any suggestions....
Buried in your post is the "hobby" you are best suited to. You love to work with people, you love to help people, and you'd love to mentor those younger than you.

So my two cents goes down for you mentoring other people. All you have to do now is decide what subject/topic you are best at , and most knowledgeable about, then pursue that avenue of mentoring.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,053,438 times
Quote:

Any suggestions....
Find a hobby that you love. Mine change from year to year.

But the most important thing about my hohhies are that I enjoy them all.

busta

Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Get a decent video recorder and make a few short films. It's not all that hard to do these days.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:00 AM

123 posts, read 286,926 times
Well, it's not exactly social (it CAN be) or having to do with acting, but it goes right along with travel, but geocaching is a fun hobby...at least for me. It's a world wide "treasure" hunt...

Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelkat View Post
Well, it's not exactly social (it CAN be) or having to do with acting, but it goes right along with travel, but geocaching is a fun hobby...at least for me. It's a world wide "treasure" hunt...
Do you do it alone?? I have not heard of that. I prefer to interact with other humans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation