Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM

421 posts, read 469,146 times

Advertisements

I adore shells and polishing river rocks. I adore cutting pictures and putting them in books. I love making paper flowers and snowflakes. I love making xmas decorations and wreathes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 11:38 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
We're also into board games and the DVD Scene It games. We're big Trivial Pursuit and any other kind of trivia fans!!!
Pixie, I LOVE board games!!!!!

I come from a family that is big on getting together and playing games. In fact, I can't understand it when families aren't like that! They are really missing out. Boggle is my favorite. Anybody else play that? I am the Boggle QUEEN. I love Pictionary, charades, chess, card games and lots more. And logic puzzles, crosswords and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
I adore shells and polishing river rocks. I adore cutting pictures and putting them in books. I love making paper flowers and snowflakes. I love making xmas decorations and wreathes.
I love collecting rocks, too! I think I like too many things. Time for me to shut up now.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:22 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Boggle is my favorite. Anybody else play that?
Yes, we play it around here. The thing I like about it is, if you can't round up anyone else to play, you can play by yourself. Kind of like Solitare, which I also play.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Yes, we play it around here. The thing I like about it is, if you can't round up anyone else to play, you can play by yourself. Kind of like Solitare, which I also play.
Boggle rocks! But the point of playing Boggle, to me, is to prove to my inferior little brother that I have a higher verbal intelligence and a much wider vocabulary. If you play by yourself, where's the fun of rubbing it into you favorite family member's face when you win?

Ahhhh... sibling rivalry...

Old 09-21-2006, 04:56 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,263 times
Model airplanes, cars, trains, ships, military vehicles. Heck anything that can be shrunk down and can be put together! Working on a 1/48 Grumman F3F2 Marine BiPlane Fighter. Looks like this: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9933/grummanik8.th.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 AM

421 posts, read 469,146 times
we too used to play alot of board and card games...Penny poker was our fav..we had at least 9 ppl every weekend and had some LOUD games. We had so much fun!

Old 09-22-2006, 11:42 AM

43 posts, read 191,306 times
Mountain_time_Blues - Beautiful work!
I use to collect model airplanes, but that changed as soon as I got married. Now I have to help my wife around the house and constantly improve something in it!
If I would win substantial amount then I would probably go back to model airplanes …Oh, but then my wife would probably want bigger house , and I would still have to help her around the house and… never mind… I don’t want to win the lottery.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Quote:
Boggle rocks! But the point of playing Boggle, to me, is to prove to my inferior little brother that I have a higher verbal intelligence and a much wider vocabulary. If you play by yourself, where's the fun of rubbing it into you favorite family member's face when you win?

Ahhhh... sibling rivalry...
Well, I don't know about the sibling rivalry personally, since I have no siblings, but my two children would agree with you! My daughter is the older one, and at twenty-five, married, and two children, she still tries to lord it over her "little" brother, (nineteen and 6'5") But, she doesn't have as much luck as she used to when they were younger.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:04 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I golf, it's an obsession! I try to get in 1 game a week if possible. There are over 200 courses down here and I'm trying to play every public one I can (I've gone to great lengths to play on some courses, such as checking into a hotel just to play their golf course).

I live on one which helps tremendously but I have to pay member's dues since I bought a golf/clubhouse membership.
No wonder you are having a blast in AZ. Good for you, you are in the right place, that's for sure.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:40 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Quote:
Pixie, I LOVE board games!!!!!

I come from a family that is big on getting together and playing games. In fact, I can't understand it when families aren't like that! They are really missing out. Boggle is my favorite. Anybody else play that? I am the Boggle QUEEN. I love Pictionary, charades, chess, card games and lots more. And logic puzzles, crosswords and stuff.

I love collecting rocks, too! I think I like too many things. Time for me to shut up now.

LOL! Pictionary used to be one of our favorites...my aunt would have us all over (about 20) of us and we'd play. It would end up in a screaming match because we'd all start yelling things at the same time. It was so confusing but so much fun!!! Whenever we go places or have company, the board games seem to work their way out onto the table.

Jenga is another game that's very addictive!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation