Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times

Advertisements

SoCal offshore fisherman/diver for many years, down through Baja CA and Sea of Cortez.

Dove for abalone, spiny lobster, and spearfishing.

Fished mostly for albacore, yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, dorado, bonito, bass, halibut, mackerel, and sometimes for billfish.

Long time sailboat racer in dinghy's and keelboats, offshore distance racing, 'round the buoys with day racers or dinghy's.

Even with decades of residing in the Rocky Mountain area with mountain and plains sailing lakes, I still return to salt water fishing from time to time. Most recently to Kauai for some day fishing offshore.

Love boats and time on the water. Will be taking a friend's 26' Sea Ray cabin cruiser to Lake McConnaughy in two weeks for my first powerboat experience there after years of sailing on that lake. Looking to do some fishing and camping out on the boat for a week.

Have recently acquired my own first power boat ... a 1965 12' Blue Star aluminum boat powered with a 7.5 HP 'rude OB or electric trolling motor. Am ready to try inland fresh water fishing around the Rocky Mountain area here in WY, NE, CO, MT lakes. A new game for me, am looking forward to getting out on the water soon. Neighbors tell me that this size boat is ideal for many of the small fishing lakes in the area, can be hand launched over a shoreline and paddled around just offshore to reach the fishing holes. We'll see ... watching snow fly at the ranch right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 02:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
My work puts me on a boat for 100 or so sea days a year so I don't own my own boat for fun. I do get to mooch of my bestie who has a couple of different boats for fun and leisure.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:49 PM

926 posts, read 673,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
SoCal offshore fisherman/diver for many years, down through Baja CA and Sea of Cortez.

Dove for abalone, spiny lobster, and spearfishing.

Fished mostly for albacore, yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, dorado, bonito, bass, halibut, mackerel, and sometimes for billfish.

Long time sailboat racer in dinghy's and keelboats, offshore distance racing, 'round the buoys with day racers or dinghy's.

Even with decades of residing in the Rocky Mountain area with mountain and plains sailing lakes, I still return to salt water fishing from time to time. Most recently to Kauai for some day fishing offshore.

Love boats and time on the water. Will be taking a friend's 26' Sea Ray cabin cruiser to Lake McConnaughy in two weeks for my first powerboat experience there after years of sailing on that lake. Looking to do some fishing and camping out on the boat for a week.

Have recently acquired my own first power boat ... a 1965 12' Blue Star aluminum boat powered with a 7.5 HP 'rude OB or electric trolling motor. Am ready to try inland fresh water fishing around the Rocky Mountain area here in WY, NE, CO, MT lakes. A new game for me, am looking forward to getting out on the water soon. Neighbors tell me that this size boat is ideal for many of the small fishing lakes in the area, can be hand launched over a shoreline and paddled around just offshore to reach the fishing holes. We'll see ... watching snow fly at the ranch right now.
Wow, sounds like you're gonna have an awesome time out on the water in that sweet cabin cruiser! I'm also gonna be out on the water either tomorrow or next weekend (weather permitting) for some good ol' offshore fishin' on a beautiful 2007 20' Cobia. Looking to bag some sea bass or amber jack although I'll be happy just being out on the water and taking in the waves, blue skies and the salty ocean breezes. Here she is, in all her glory:

Old 05-20-2017, 04:02 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I am a boater too.
Hi C24L! Do you boat off the Gulf Coast or is it on a lake?

My family used to have a cabin on a lake in Minnesota when I was younger (and a boat, of course). When I was in my 20's (1980's) a friend's Dad took us out on the Bay several times in his sailboat from Coyote Point near San Mateo (about 15 miles south of San Francisco). Another friend and I appreciated that and treated him and his Dad to meals at Coyote Point's excellent Castaways restaurant a few times. Good times. Good memories! Have not been on a boat in quite awhile, but enjoyed it several years ago.

Last edited by chessgeek; 05-20-2017 at 04:43 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 10:46 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Hi C24L! Do you boat off the Gulf Coast or is it on a lake?

My family used to have a cabin on a lake in Minnesota when I was younger (and a boat, of course). When I was in my 20's (1980's) a friend's Dad took us out on the Bay several times in his sailboat from Coyote Point near San Mateo (about 15 miles south of San Francisco). Another friend and I appreciated that and treated him and his Dad to meals at Coyote Point's excellent Castaways restaurant a few times. Good times. Good memories! Have not been on a boat in quite awhile, but enjoyed it several years ago.
Thats kool man.I normally boat in bays at the coast.We are actually in the market for a new boat and we may go to the lake too.I used to go to a lake a lot but all the fish died.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:55 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Thats kool man.I normally boat in bays at the coast.We are actually in the market for a new boat and we may go to the lake too.I used to go to a lake a lot but all the fish died.
Cool! Hope you enjoy the new boat when you find the right one at the right price, C24L.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:54 AM

27 posts, read 15,249 times
Last year I was luck to go rafting in eastern europe. What can I say about it, it was a kind of magic in the air, magic in the water... Better a picture, but I don't know how to upload it

Old 05-23-2017, 01:11 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Cool! Hope you enjoy the new boat when you find the right one at the right price, C24L.
Thanks a lot.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
My work puts me on a boat for 100 or so sea days a year so I don't own my own boat for fun. I do get to mooch of my bestie who has a couple of different boats for fun and leisure.
You have a job that has you out on the water 100 give or take ocean days per year?! Um, are they hiring new fisherwomen? lol

Aren't you the lucky one!

Old 05-23-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Do you like goin' offshore fishin' from time to time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation