Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,360 times

Advertisements

Lorraine, I can sympathize with you! We watched from the end of May as this back wooded billionaire, Jim Balsillie, tried to steal away our Predators! It has been a long summer and people still do not think hockey belongs in Nashville, just like they say about Phoenix. I love most sports (except pro baseball), but the Predators are all I need when it is all said and done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorraine1 View Post
lol YOUR NOT GETTING THEM BACK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yes, it has to be the Coyotes. Seriously, a hockey team in the Sonoran Desert? Thats just wrong. Almost as wrong as the Coyotes' first uniforms. What a slap in the face for traditionalists like myself.

And yes, the Nordiques need to come back to Quebec. Just w/o Forsberg, I cant stand that dude.
Nothing like responding to a thread 7 months after the last post

I have read this thread, and now feel compeled to post. How can a "traditionalist" get his panties in a wad over a team that was in Winnipeg all of 24 years? I get that those people hurt and it is sad that they moved; however, there is a difference between moving a team from its home after 24 years and moving a team after 50+ years. It is a shame that there are so many fans like Steve-O, ignorant of the potential that exists; and not realizing that in the past, these same people got there panties in a bunch over having teams in "non-traditional" markets such as St. Louis and Pittsburgh. There will always be ignorant old codger "traditionalist" fans, but can not just enjoy the sport of hockey without yelling about who does and does not deserve a hockey team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey