Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times

Advertisements

Amen to that. I thought they had more talent than they are showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
A team less dirty than Pittsburgh, no doubt.
Says the fan of the team with two players with the highest PIM - Rinaldo #2 and Hartnell #11.

Not too many teams dirtier than the Flyers.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:18 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Well, we found at least one. I didn't see any Flyers cross checking anyone in the throat, pulling hair, pulling jerseys over heads and punching, starting fights and then getting a teammate to finish it, or leaping with their feet off the ice to tackle another player.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Amen to that. I thought they had more talent than they are showing.
Oh, they have the talent, just not the maturity or the fortitude, apparently.

I really hope that Sidney Crosby isn't done growing emotionally, because he still has a longer way to go with that than I thought he did. He took a major step back today. But hey, if guys like Matt Cooke, Latrell Sprewell and Ron Artest can change, then Crosby can too, especially since he's 24. Some people just don't figure it out until they're 25 or older. (I was one of those people.)

Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Hoping that Nashville puts Detroit out, St. Louis ousts San Jose, Los Angeles knocks out Vancouver and Chicago beats Phoenix.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Says the fan of the team with two players with the highest PIM - Rinaldo #2 and Hartnell #11.

Amen, already. I'm no fan of Pitt, but the Flyers have been a goonish organization for the better part of 40 years. Every year, this team is involved in multiple major brawls; thankfully, they get eliminated every year, as well. It starts at the top, with Boby Clarke, who was an extremely chippy player in his day, along with Dave Schultz, Kelly, Dupont, Van Impe, and the rest of that mid-70s goon squad.

The Bruins are pretty bad, too, but the Flyers are consistently near/at the top of dirty hockey teams.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
Bruins/Caps the best series? Talk about boring! Where are the goal scorers? Flyers/Pens is so frigging exciting! I can't even leave the room! Philly is f**king amazing!
Devils need to work on their stamina as FL almost tied it up Friday.
I don't get to watch the Kings (aka Philly west) cause they're on so late! : (
I hope the Preds and Blues go far. I root for any team that hasn't won the cup, or hasn't won in a long time....exclusion being my Devils.
Well if you think that the goonery that has become Flyers/Pens is hockey, you can have it. I would rather take the "boring" non-stop action of Caps/Bruins where guys are skating their arses off to stop a breakaway and not resorting to hair-pulling or cross-checking a player in the throat.

As I have typed this, Devils have made it interesting. 2 goals in less than 3 minutes.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:34 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Can Quick, Brown, and Kopitar put the Canucks on the brink of elimination tonight? I hope so! GO KINGS!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:

Where did I state I was a Flyers fan? I'm not saying the Flyers are choir boys but since the last few games of the regular season the Pens have been playing like goons. You can be a staunch Pens fan a admit it to be true. Even the commentators during the game today mentioned the dirty hits.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
It was an emotional meltdown by the Penguins, and any Penguins fan who says otherwise is in denial and needs to shut up. And I say this as a Penguins fan myself. The whole rest of the league is getting a hearty laugh at our expense right now, and the longer any fans deny the idiocy of the Penguins today, the longer the laughter will last.

The good news is, if Matt Cooke can be persona non grata last season and a model citizen this season, then the rest of the team can figure out how to keep their emotions in check too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey