Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times

Advertisements

Both I believe, the first 2 games on VS. the rest on NBC. Hope this will be the last time that happens. Put em all on network TV please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,360 times
So nobody is even giving my Predators a chance against Detroit? Considering the year the Predators have had, I am happy they even made it to the playoffs! With all the talent which was traded and the sale, which thank goodness, did not happen, they have been fighting all season long.

Now, I hold no delusions, I cannot see them beating Detroit, but at least we will not be getting knocked out by the Sharks three years in a row!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
So nobody is even giving my Predators a chance against Detroit? Considering the year the Predators have had, I am happy they even made it to the playoffs! With all the talent which was traded and the sale, which thank goodness, did not happen, they have been fighting all season long.

Now, I hold no delusions, I cannot see them beating Detroit, but at least we will not be getting knocked out by the Sharks three years in a row!

Hey man...best of luck against the deadwings...Please knock them out!!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 AM

854 posts, read 2,863,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Both I believe, the first 2 games on VS. the rest on NBC. Hope this will be the last time that happens. Put em all on network TV please!
didn't they sign a new contract with Vs. some weeks ago for the next three years or so? I might be wrong. Actually, I hope I'm wrong because I don't have Vs.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
didn't they sign a new contract with Vs. some weeks ago for the next three years or so? I might be wrong. Actually, I hope I'm wrong because I don't have Vs.
I just looked it up and youre right, it's a deal signed in januarary until the end of 2010-2011.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 AM

Any of you guys get the NHL network? I wish they'd show more actual NHL games but since I didn't renew center ice this year NHL on the Fly has been a great way to keep up with what's going on around the league!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Any of you guys get the NHL network? I wish they'd show more actual NHL games but since I didn't renew center ice this year NHL on the Fly has been a great way to keep up with what's going on around the league!
Nope, love to have it but cant afford it right now.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Nope, love to have it but cant afford it right now.
Well, if it comes down to a choice next season of the appropriate package that includes the NHL network or Center Ice...take Center Ice. Unless the programming lineup changes, you don't get many real games on NHLNetwork yet. I'm hoping that changes. I get it as a part of the extended package on Directv so I'm not paying for it directly. It's been cool...but not a must have.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quarters:
EAST
Montreal in 6 or 7. Should be a tough series.
Pittsburgh in 4, easy.
Caps in 5.
Devils in 6.

WEST
Detroit in 6. Won't be as easy as some people think. The Wings always slump in the playoffs.
Sharks in 5.
Minny in 6.
Ducks in 7.

--
Semis:
EAST
Canadiens over Devils in 6
Caps in a 7-game upset over Pittsburgh. Ovie gets the GWG.

WEST
Wings squeak past Ducks in 6
Sharks in 6, in a hard-fought series with the Wild.

--
Conference finals:
EAST
Caps over Habs. 6 games.

WEST
Sharks over Detroit. 5 games. Wings run out of gas. (It pains me to say that, since I'm a Wings fan. I'm just trying to be realistic here.)

--
SCF:
Sharks over Caps, 7 games.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Im sort of hoping that Colorado and Detroit will meet up this year, see if there's still bad blood between the two.
Post #400 and counting, shows i have nothing better to do
Id love to see another Wangs/Avs Western Conference Finals... mmmm. Go Avs!!!

But overall, I want the Habs to win it, and want the Pens knocked out early, same for the Predaturds. I wouldnt mind seeing the Caps go far too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey