Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times

Advertisements

Did everyone notice the unusual amount of times Flyers players lost the "edge" on their skates and lost time to go have their skates resharpened in game 4 ? Well.....its being "reported" on hockeybuzz.com that apparently there was an unknown "substance" dicovered on the floor mat that leads to the Flyers bench that could have created this problem.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Word on the street is it was sand.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,343,340 times
I hear it was sand from the beaches that the Canadians are lying on now instead of playing the Blackhawks!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:36 AM

660 posts, read 1,653,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Did everyone notice the unusual amount of times Flyers players lost the "edge" on their skates and lost time to go have their skates resharpened in game 4 ? Well.....its being "reported" on hockeybuzz.com that apparently there was an unknown "substance" dicovered on the floor mat that leads to the Flyers bench that could have created this problem.
I seem to recall saying that Flyer fans (and others) were famous for ridiculous conspiracy theories (I call them excuses) and then you saying it wasn't true.

This post confirms my point........HILARIOUS!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
I seem to recall saying that Flyer fans (and others) were famous for ridiculous conspiracy theories (I call them excuses) and then you saying it wasn't true.

This post confirms my point........HILARIOUS!!!

Not so "hilarious" when you consider its the major networks and sportswriters that were reporting this situation and not the Flyers ? They were the ones throughout the game who continually drew attention to the Flyers repeatedly having to have their skates shapened. If you can show ONE source that indicates the Flyers initiated this accusation I'd be curious to see it ? Based upon the validity of the situation you might think a true hockey fan would be outraged at the concept of a team purposely sabotaging another teams equipment to win and the dishonor associated in their actions, but apparently that black eye on the game doesn't bother you in your quest to promote the Flyers in a strictly negative way ? People might take your posts a little more seriously if what you posted wasn't so obviously slanted against the Flyers with complete disregard to the facts at hand.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
You don't think this is the first time something like this has happened, do you?

The team dealt with it. Time to move on.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 AM

660 posts, read 1,653,711 times
Quote:
If you can show ONE source that indicates the Flyers initiated this accusation I'd be curious to see it ?
I did say FLYERS FANS didn't I? Why yes...I did!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You don't think this is the first time something like this has happened, do you?

The team dealt with it. Time to move on.

Actually......I've never heard of anything this overt........I do remember at some point which I believe was in the late 70s during a playoff series that the coach of the Leafs complained that he measured the level of the ice and found that his team was skating uphill by 1/4" for two periods of the game ? He was also the coach that believed in triangle power/energy and had them hanging around and under the bench the Leafs sat on. I've heard of situations where some teams have complained to difficulty to getting convenient ice times for practice but to be honest I've never heard of tossing sand on the floor mat to dull the skates edge. If you have other examples that I am unaware of then I'd appreciate hearing them ? Even if some shennanigins have occured in the past it just seems like a really dishororbale way to win, especially in a game thats supposed to value "honor" in the way the game is played ?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The team dealt with it.
Now that I think more about this.....exactly how was it dealt with ? I didn't hear anything about an league disciplinary action for this ?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:01 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
The Canadians got their punishment: they lost. In pretty embarassing fashion too.
I personally don't know (or really care at this point) if it was true, but that would be ironic if it were true. The Canadiens in the 75-76 finals said they were taking back the cup away from the rogue element of the game and have always considered themselves an image of class and ettiquite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey