Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,204,465 times

Advertisements

I've been for a certain type of dining set for a while now, and finally found one on CL. Seller never got back to me (reposted it once) so I'm not sure what to make of it. Anyway, I would be happy even to find this set brand new, but I have no idea how to go about doing it, other than Googling things like "white dining set" "cream dining set" cross back chair, etc. I know there are some interior designers here, and people who just like furniture shopping - any tips? FWIW, this is the set I am trying to find:

BEAUTIFUL white wash solid wood dining set (http://charleston.craigslist.org/fuo/2924191674.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
You might try emailing the CL poster again from a different email address ... your first email may have been filtered as spam if you use something like yahoo or hotmail. (If they have re-listed it since you emailed them, then it seems likely your email didn't get to them.)

Even if it's sold by the time your email goes through (assuming it does at some point), you might ask them where they bought it. It IS a nice set!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:09 PM

1,149 posts, read 4,204,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
You might try emailing the CL poster again from a different email address ... your first email may have been filtered as spam if you use something like yahoo or hotmail. (If they have re-listed it since you emailed them, then it seems likely your email didn't get to them.)

Even if it's sold by the time your email goes through (assuming it does at some point), you might ask them where they bought it. It IS a nice set!
I confess, over three days, between my husband and myself we used three different email addresses (my gmail, an old yahoo account I rarely use, and his email through our ISP). I'm wondering if everything is going to his spam folder and the seller isn't computer-saavy enough to realize that it should be checked since it was reposted on the 30th.

I ended up making a "looking for" ad in the same section, hoping either the seller will see it and contact me, or someone else is looking to get rid of this set. I'd actually be willing to buy it new, depending on the price, but no matter how I search for it, nothing shows up that is even similar. Very frustrating, since I am so picky in what I like - did I mention that we've been in this house for several years, and I'm still using my old kitchen table in my dining room?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
CL can be very frustrating sometimes! Good luck and please post again if they ever get back to you!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:57 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
I would google white farmhouse dining table. Here is one that is similar that I came up with. American Drew Camden White Leg Table Good luck

Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
if you can find the company, name, and model number you can contact almost any furniture company in NC and they will buy and ship to you.

That is how most of my house is furnished.

There was a time you could go to NC factories and buy off the floor, but since outsourcing I am not sure about that anymore.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
I used to sell furniture professionally until 2009. I worked for a large, multi-store company that carried many different brands. One of them was the Better Homes & Gardens collection. BHG is manufactured by Universal Furniture, the same company that makes Pennsylvania House and several other recognizable brand names in furniture. Your photo looks very much like the rectangular table that was in the only BHG dining room grouping that came in white (a warm white, some tables with brown wood tops).

I immediately checked the BHG website for you and the collection I am thinking of is no longer made — all their current collections are in various colors of brown-stained wood. If you hop over to the Universal website, though, two of their brands — Pennsylvania House and Paula Deen Home — both have white furniture. In the photos, the Paula Deen Home pieces look very similar in color and style to the BHG pieces I'm familiar with. In fact she has a table there called a "Gathering Table" that is almost identical to a BHG one that was popular for us. (People liked it because not many round tables have leaves to make them bigger.) At least in the photos, the Pennsylvania House dining room looks like a more pure white, rather than the warmer, creamy white-washed look your photo appears to have. In any case, you might want to peruse the website. The PA House collection is called Alfresco (same designs also come in brown). Just click on all the dining tables for Paula Deen and you will see several different table and chair designs in white.
www.universalfurniture.com

I know that Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma both usually carry white dining tables. I have also seen much less expensive ones in similar styles at Cost Plus World Market and Pier One.
Avignon Dining Collection | Dining Room Furniture| Furniture | World Market (http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11958726 - broken link)
Furniture

Good luck finding what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating