Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,563,434 times

Advertisements

For the umpteenth time my pushbutton Levelor cellular honeycomb style blinds have stuck in a half-open position in mid-window...sigh. I am so sick of this to put it mildly!

Does anyone on this forum have a clue as to how to fix this problem? I did find out that you fix it from the bottom of the cellular blind and not the top as you would assume.

I did talk to a tech that puts these in and he said: 1. it is a constant problem and 2. it is very tricky to fix them. Unfortunately, despite my asking, he did not show me how to do it either.

If you are thinking of getting the Levelor honeycomb cellular blinds, my suggestion is to get the corded ones and not the pushbutton ones unless you just love having problems with them every other month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Take them in to store where they were purchased and ask that they be sent back to Levolor at their expense (a rep has already admitted this is a common problem). Customers shouldn't be expected to put up with faulty or poor enginerring, put it back on the manufacturer.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,563,434 times
I have been here 2 years in a couple of days, so the Levelors are probably 1 yr. 9 months old--AND I have had to have 4 taken back to Lowe's already. They are a pain totally!!! Never again! Understand that it is only 3 Levelors I open daily since it is my front bay window, too. Can you imagine how OFTEN I would be taking these back if I took the entire group of windows up and down each day? Taking 4 back in less than 2 years and it is only for 3 windows.....horrible!!!!

I even wrote the company a few weeks back and you have to go thru the 7 tortures of Hell just to get some information from the company, too.

They have a lifetime warranty which means a lifetime of hell getting them out of the window and dragging them back to Home Depot for an exchange (stand there while they cut you a new one, also). Some day they will quit making this basic style, and I will be totally stuck with these non-working pushbutton things...grrrr!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I have been here 2 years in a couple of days, so the Levelors are probably 1 yr. 9 months old--AND I have had to have 4 taken back to Lowe's already. They are a pain totally!!! Never again! Understand that it is only 3 Levelors I open daily since it is my front bay window, too. Can you imagine how OFTEN I would be taking these back if I took the entire group of windows up and down each day? Taking 4 back in less than 2 years and it is only for 3 windows.....horrible!!!!

I even wrote the company a few weeks back and you have to go thru the 7 tortures of Hell just to get some information from the company, too.

They have a lifetime warranty which means a lifetime of hell getting them out of the window and dragging them back to Home Depot for an exchange (stand there while they cut you a new one, also). Some day they will quit making this basic style, and I will be totally stuck with these non-working pushbutton things...grrrr!

I understand its an inconvenience. I've dealt with Levolor. Call the reps at the company until they replace the blinds...the life of a blind is longer than 2yrs.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 21,783 times
I called levolor to tell them of the problem and because I don't have the receipt from 2 years ago, they want to give a partial refund on a product with a lifetime guarantee. I have 15 of these shades throughout my home so this answer was far from satisfactory. They know there's a manufacturing problem and don't seem to care about the stock blinds they sell.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 19,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
For the umpteenth time my pushbutton Levelor cellular honeycomb style blinds have stuck in a half-open position in mid-window...sigh. I am so sick of this to put it mildly!

Does anyone on this forum have a clue as to how to fix this problem? I did find out that you fix it from the bottom of the cellular blind and not the top as you would assume.

I did talk to a tech that puts these in and he said: 1. it is a constant problem and 2. it is very tricky to fix them. Unfortunately, despite my asking, he did not show me how to do it either.

If you are thinking of getting the Levelor honeycomb cellular blinds, my suggestion is to get the corded ones and not the pushbutton ones unless you just love having problems with them every other month.
Is there anyway to fix them? Who would I go to to fix them?

Old 04-21-2021, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 13,439 times
Default Levelor Blind Fix

Hello,
I repaired the blind by locating a knot in the string that runs top to bottom along the edges of the blind. This is about three to four inches from the edges. Locate the knot by holding the blind up to the sun or a bright light. Get a tool to grab the knot and pull it to the side of the blind and untangle it. This happens because the blind is raised too fast and the line tangles.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:31 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrottl01 View Post
Hello,
I repaired the blind by locating a knot in the string that runs top to bottom along the edges of the blind. This is about three to four inches from the edges. Locate the knot by holding the blind up to the sun or a bright light. Get a tool to grab the knot and pull it to the side of the blind and untangle it. This happens because the blind is raised too fast and the line tangles.
Welcome newbie. One word of advice. Look in the left hand corner of the previous post to see the last time the post was active. This is a very old thread that was started in 2012. The last response prior to yours was Dec of 2018. You can certainly answer any post you want, but be aware of that little tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating