Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I hate wood floors and any sort of ceramic tile and I go with carpet everywhere I can including the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. It can be cleaned whenever necessary and I always have warm feet.

I had wall to wall carpeting in my bathroom when I first moved here. (circa 1995) It didn't get soaking wet or mold and mildew like people claim. I just vacummed it, and it was only me living here at the time so it wasn't like an army of muddy feet were trapsing thru.

I had it it for 2 years, then threw it out and had a wood floor installed.....change is good. I like the wood better, but the carpet at the time was nice as well......point is, sorry, you can't really clean carpet, unless it is one of those rubber backed bathroom rugs that can be thrown into the washing machine...regular wall to wall, no matter how many times is steam cleaned, it is still not clean....ugh, and who feels like doing that either.....

i love my swiffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,325,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Check out cork floors. I had them in my condo and they are great...softer than wood, quieter, virtually seamless, and really durable. They have a pretty wide range of colors so you could do something lighter or darker than the wood for contrast.
^^^ What he said. Only issue is color fading if your have very bright sunlight shining on your floor constantly.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
But here in Brooklyn it ain't called linoleum, .....it is called "earl cloth"
Bwah! No doubt it's called something similar in South Philly.

Quote:
My sister just got laminate in a tiled effect, and she said she dropped a glass on it, and it actually bounced.......she now loooooooooooves laminate and is not sorry she didn't get ceramic tile.
That's a pretty decent recommendation, especially when one collects mid-century American made dinnerware. Nothing worse than dropping the covered vegetable bowl from a set of 1940s Stetson dinnerware on a tile floor.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Bwah! No doubt it's called something similar in South Philly.

That's a pretty decent recommendation, especially when one collects mid-century American made dinnerware. Nothing worse than dropping the covered vegetable bowl from a set of 1940s Stetson dinnerware on a tile floor.

yeah seriously, that's not the look!!!, I can definetley feel your pain....

Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
So many useful suggestions, but heres my 2c. In a kitchen, or a bathroom, I like vinyl linoleum. Easy to keep clean, relatively cheap, but depending on the pattern you pick, it can look really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating