Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't think I've taken a bath in 20 years. No doubt I'm not alone; many people tend to prefer showers.

Most of the people I know who have big garden tubs say they rarely use them.

That's their loss!

Showers are for gyms, prisons and to get chlorine or sand off after swimming. I much prefer to relax in a bath. I would also shy around from a shower only bathroom. When we were looking for our condo lots of "luxury" places had huge showers but no bath. Its just cheap looking to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Just more proof that we're all different. I too haven't taken a bath in many, many years. Been in my house for 15 years and never taken a bath there. I'd like a big shower and no master tub. Women who have those huge garden tubs have to be tall with long arms to be able to clean them without getting into them. No thanks. I don't find them relaxing at all. I prefer to relax on the sofa. If my body's aching, I hire the masseuse who lives 3 doors down to come over and give me a massage. It's great! The last one was in February after shoveling snow. I had my fireplace lit so my family room was toasty. Turned on some relaxing music and just enjoyed it.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:11 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
I love having a tub, but it doesn't need to be one of those huge garden tubs or a jacuzzi tub. I can't shave my legs in the shower because my vision is so bad, I need to wear my glasses to avoid lacerating the hell out of myself. Tub works much better! I also use the tub for hand washing cashmere sweaters and such.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
What are your dealbreakers in home/apartment?
Let's say theoretically you were not able to change anything about a space and had to move in as is.

Not enough space.
Not enough Windows or windows that are too small(I like lots of large windows and I love Patio doors)
Not enough closet space
Bad neighborhood
Right off too busy of a road, where traffic is bad
One Bathroom (Must have at least two of these, for practical purposes).
No central heat and air
Old looking kitchen - must have modern kitchen (with dishwasher)
Pantry space and separate dining area
No W/D hookups -an absolute must-also I prefer them to be upstairs in a utility room, not way down in the basement or sitting in open in the kitchen or garage
Bad neighbors
Lack of green space or fenced yard
Paint or wallpaper that I hated or found tacky

Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
That's their loss!

Showers are for gyms, prisons and to get chlorine or sand off after swimming. I much prefer to relax in a bath. I would also shy around from a shower only bathroom. When we were looking for our condo lots of "luxury" places had huge showers but no bath. Its just cheap looking to me.

thats a horrible way to look at taking a shower, but that's your opinion.

i too have not taken a bath in like 25 years. Who has the time.? I sure dont.
and raising 3 boys, they never tooks baths either....

Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't think I've taken a bath in 20 years. No doubt I'm not alone; many people tend to prefer showers.

Most of the people I know who have big garden tubs say they rarely use them.

same here. actually I wish I didnt even have a tub, would much rather have a walk in shower.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,854,187 times
Maybe we should have a bath vs shower thread!

I love to relax in a bath. I only take showers when there is not a bathtub available. In the immortal words of Winston Churchill, why stand when you can sit?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 PM

37 posts, read 104,859 times
Wallpaper. UGH.
Wall to Wall in a color, if I have to have it, it needs to be neutral. No kelly green.
Almond (or any old color) appliances
Linoleum
Open concept and bright. Our last house was boxy and dark, all the windows were up high and let no light in. I need the sun!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Maybe we should have a bath vs shower thread!

I love to relax in a bath. I only take showers when there is not a bathtub available. In the immortal words of Winston Churchill, why stand when you can sit?

and why sit when you can lay, even better !!!, especially in hot water, hey that's good

Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Let's say theoretically you were not able to change anything about a space and had to move in as is.

What are your dealbreakers? Here are mine:

WtW Carpet
Kitchens/bathrooms with no windows
Shallow bathtubs
Shower only bathrooms

For me, an absolute deal breaker would be if there was a murder or suicide in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating