Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 AM

30,525 posts, read 16,217,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie567 View Post
I think you should make that room a Library .Because books are good friends they have no complaints and no demands.
my vote here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I would LOVE having a yoga room. In fact, you've got me rethinking one of my bedrooms now...

I'd vote for an exercise/yoga room with a good sound system, a wall mounted TV (if you ever use videos to exercise or do yoga or if you want to watch TV while you're on the treadmill, etc.) and one wall of mirrors. I'd love to have that. I want to change one of my rooms up now!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:31 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Since we have empty-nest these days and a five bedroom house two became guest rooms, one has a king bed, the other two twin beds, the 3rd became my gym/workout room with all my equipment, the 4th my office...

Old 09-04-2014, 04:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
A den or tv room to get a change of scenery from the other rooms.. a get away room from the rest of the house... a computer room or project room. A meditation room , a junk and extra clutter room, anything your heart desires....

Old 09-05-2014, 04:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
You use the extra space for whatever you spend time doing. You indicate that you do fitness, and might outfit it that way. You would certainly be the envy of other fitness types who have trouble finding room for the elliptical or the treadmill.

We made sure to find room for a home office and a space for me to do sewing and crafting. You will buy a home that is suited to you and your needs, right? That should be your first priority. A home gym sounds like a good use to me.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,907,661 times
I can sympathize with the OP. I agree not to buy more house than you need, but sometimes options are limited...

For our first house, all of the smaller homes with our location of quality and location were directly in our downtown and honestly more than we wanted (our loan was approved for enough but it was more than we wanted to take on). Once we moved slightly out toward the suburbs the prices dropped...but the houses were actually bigger. To stay in the general area we wanted, we ended up in a house with 2 more bedrooms than we really needed - it's just how it worked out. We utilize one as a library and the other as our workout room so they are at least getting put to good use!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:25 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
I don't agree with the whole "only buy what you need". Buy want you want as long as you can afford it. If you are solo and want a 5 bedroom house and you have the money, go for it.

As for the extra rooms, have a computer room or a craft room or a library or just a guest room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating