Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times

Advertisements

I just bought a microfiber sectional-RED! Here is the thing...the model they had is in a fabric we didn't like (I don't know what it is) but we liked the red color of it. So, we ordered that couch only in microfiber in red...I am a little nervous as the swatch was a different red than the model (obviously, different material) and it is so hard to know without actually seeing the full size version. It is not a "puffy" sectional, but not hard either...pretty clean lines with a splash of comfort/puff.
ANyone have a microfiber couch in red? Do you like it? I prefer darker reds and this one is Red! Husband likes it...it won't come in for weeks. We are painting the walls Blond which is a Shwerwin Williams color and we like the idea of a red against them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
Are you rethinking your choice and wishing you chose something more neutral? If so do you have time to change your mind or is it irreversible now that it's been ordered (even though it won't come in for weeks)?

Old 01-13-2008, 03:52 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Don't sweat it. There's nothing wrong with a red sofa. Good for you for being bold. As long as you coordinate your other furniture in the room, it will look great.
I cannot tell about the blonde color, but I see it's a shade of tan. Make sure that if your sofa red is a warm red (orangish), that blonde is a warm tan. If your red is a cool red (bluish), make sure blonde is a cool tan. To me, using a cool red with a warm tan would cause it to look wrong. I know this because I once wallpapered my kitchen in a fabulous cool red wallpaper, but it looked so bad with all my warm maple cabinets that I had to rip it down.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I've always wanted a red sofa ... Lucky you!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:21 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
thanks!
BUT, I did go back and change the color. I am all for a nice hue of red, but this one was REALLY Fisher Price red, lol! You know it is wrong when all you do is dream about how big of a mistake you have made! I am not 100% on the next color I chose, but I wouldn't be 100% on anything unless it were white. The color I went with is more of a burgandy color this time. Now I am just confussed if this is a coold colore or a warm. The blonde is very warm...with a yellow hint. So, hope it looks okay. I did get pillows to match and the pillows have the blond color in them and they match the couch so I am hoping it all goes well, lol! I have 8 weeks to fret over it before it comes in! Oh well, nothing a slip cover won't fix if it is awful but I think with the right window treatments it will be good.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Burgundy is a cool color (bluish red). Can you get a swatch of the upholstery to look at it with the paint? I'd be worried about a yellowish tan with this, but it's only paint. If you get the sofa and you don't think it looks good with the paint, just re paint. It could be that you'll like it just fine. I admit to some peculiarities that other people wouldn't even notice. Like I absolutely detest red and yellow used together, when they are technically very compatible.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,003 times
Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking about buying a red couch, too, and it was helpful to read your post and the responses. I'm still thinking Fischer Price red: thanks for the support, Ohiogirl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating