Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:44 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,994,516 times

Advertisements

I do because the ones I like..........are waaaaaaaaaaay over my budget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
I do because the ones I like..........are waaaaaaaaaaay over my budget!
Ain't that the truth? I would have no problem find one I love for $1000.+

Old 07-08-2015, 09:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
I've been looking at Wayfair, Overstock and some other sites for rugs too. If you don't like it I assume you have to pay to ship it back and that would cost a fortune, right? Maybe that's what they are hoping will happen...the cost of returning makes people say "Well we can live with it".

Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I've been looking at Wayfair, Overstock and some other sites for rugs too. If you don't like it I assume you have to pay to ship it back and that would cost a fortune, right? Maybe that's what they are hoping will happen...the cost of returning makes people say "Well we can live with it".
Yes, this is what I am afraid of. Even so, I just now ordered the rug I've been thinking about, so I have no choice but to like it.
It feels the same as cooking all new recipes for a dinner party....kind of like the Suzy Homemaker version of living on the edge LOL.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I really like the rug you have chosen. If it isn't right, can you return it?

Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I had 2 custom made area rugs made for my living room.

The first one was green with black border, then another green border. I measured the exact size that fit my living room and where I wanted it. .

7 years later when I redecorated, I wanted a round shaggy rug, went to the same carpet store, picked out carpeting and gave them the diameter I needed, they cut it and binded it and I have it still. Again, more costly....but I like an exact carpet the exact size that correctly fits the room......

so no, I have no problems finding rugs. Little area rugs are fun to buy, when they get dirty, chuck them and get another one.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I really like the rug you have chosen. If it isn't right, can you return it?
Thanks, my fingers are crossed. It can be returned, but it would be expensive. The shipping is free to me, but the return shipping is not. It would be cheaper to redecorate the room than return a big rug.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:11 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,559,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thanks, my fingers are crossed. It can be returned, but it would be expensive. The shipping is free to me, but the return shipping is not. It would be cheaper to redecorate the room than return a big rug.
OP,

I hope it works out for you -both color and quality. I bought an 8 foot square rug from Overstock and was really surprised that what they called a grey rug w/green turned out to be 95% shades of green with a small amount of grey. The picture looked 95% blue/grey color on my monitor. I kept the rug because the color still worked OK next to my 100 yr old oriental rug.

I have had this area rug for just over a year and it is still sheading big time! I imagine it is half the weight it was when it was delivered. The biggest benefit of this rug is that the cat prefers to claw this rug rather than my antique oriental rug. So, all things considered I am happy with the end result.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably do as another poster suggested and pick out a carpet I could see and touch to verify the color and quality and have them cut to size and bind all four sides.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
OP,

I hope it works out for you -both color and quality. I bought an 8 foot square rug from Overstock and was really surprised that what they called a grey rug w/green turned out to be 95% shades of green with a small amount of grey. The picture looked 95% blue/grey color on my monitor. I kept the rug because the color still worked OK next to my 100 yr old oriental rug.

I have had this area rug for just over a year and it is still sheading big time! I imagine it is half the weight it was when it was delivered. The biggest benefit of this rug is that the cat prefers to claw this rug rather than my antique oriental rug. So, all things considered I am happy with the end result.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably do as another poster suggested and pick out a carpet I could see and touch to verify the color and quality and have them cut to size and bind all four sides.
That would be ideal. I wish I could have found one to see and touch, but after shopping the usual suspects around here, I was not able to find one I liked. The ideal size is further limiting.
Short of driving to Atlanta, which is 4 hours away, to have more options, I decided to go for it.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:55 PM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
OP,

I close escrow at the end of the month and have a rug in mind at overstock, I am hoping it is the right color as I will be stuck with it for sure. it is (I hope)

gentlearts I am betting you will love your new rug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating