Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times

Advertisements

That is such an unusual cut out detail in the door. I actually like it! Sets it apart from the standard symmetrical look that everything has these days.

Beautiful piece. If/when you get them done, please post 'after' pictures!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
That is such an unusual cut out detail in the door. I actually like it! Sets it apart from the standard symmetrical look that everything has these days.

Beautiful piece. If/when you get them done, please post 'after' pictures!
Thank you so much! I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a decorator to help me decide on finish, etc and then the pieces are off to the refinisher. I know they will look really nice.

Driveways and sidewalks and some landscaping going in this week. That will make all the difference in the world. Lots are selling at a nice clip and soon it will be a full fledged neighborhood.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,111,535 times
I remember from your past posts that you were wanting to go a little more modern. Those pieces might not help that, whatever you do, although they are nice antiques.

I once refinished a hoosier cupboard that was painted a sort of soupy avocado color when I got it. I took it to a place where they did "dip and strip". They actually dipped the lightly disassembled piece into a vat of solvent. (I did not actually see that though.) It was maybe $100 but that was 20 yrs ago. When I got it back I kept it natural wood color (like birch) and simply painted it with 5 coats of polyurethane, light sanding in between. It came out nice, but took me forever.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Well I don't know if I ever thought modern but I definitely don't want it to look old lady stuffy- matchy matchy. Hoping the decorator can guide me. I will be mixing lots of different styles together and I know there is a good way to do that and bring everything together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating