Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,785 times

Advertisements

Your predictions?

I don't have an issue with farmhouse style if it speaks to the vernacular of the home its in. It does seem to have hit market saturation. What do you think is next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,495,422 times
I don't think it ever goes away. It just changes a bit.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,346,203 times
There are lots of evolving styles, "modern farmhouse" is not static, nor is "seaside", or even "big sky modern" -- https://ski.curbed.com/2014/6/23/100...next-big-thing

Of course the challenge for many of these styles, that to varying degrees work best when there is some integration of interior spaces to the outdoor views & entertaining areas, is that tract style lots are rarely laid out to afford such options. I like to "monitor" the sorts of new homes that the major tract builders like DR Horton and Pulte are promoting to keep tabs on what elements they incorporate in their upper priced model homes...

Old 10-13-2017, 10:49 AM

64 posts, read 61,511 times
Anything please! I think a more casual/sleek take on formal. I think we are going to return to a lot of traditional lines Chippendale, etc. But they will be done in color. Fabrics are going to return with a heavy mixture of patterns combined. A strong mix of contemporary thrown in with low lines. A move towards smaller scale furniture as people replace their large McMansions with less square footage. Sparse. It already started with “white gold” fixtures. It will continues in all aspects.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:40 AM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
"What is next..?"

Whatever HGTV decides to pedal! (Usually it's whatever company/product that is willing to write the biggest check!!!)

Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
here in brooklyn ny

"farmhouse style" didnt make it to this region,

thank god

Old 10-13-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
here in brooklyn ny

"farmhouse style" didnt make it to this region,

thank god
HAHA! Yes, I can understand why. But I will say when I was in Manhattan, I had a neighbor who was WAY into shabby chic/beach cottage in her prewar co-op. Walking into her apartment was like going into a location warp. It just didn't fit at all. She had a heckuva time selling until she had some professional staging done.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDesign View Post
Anything please! I think a more casual/sleek take on formal. I think we are going to return to a lot of traditional lines Chippendale, etc. But they will be done in color. Fabrics are going to return with a heavy mixture of patterns combined. A strong mix of contemporary thrown in with low lines. A move towards smaller scale furniture as people replace their large McMansions with less square footage. Sparse. It already started with “white gold” fixtures. It will continues in all aspects.
The Mid Century madness seems to have crested, so I can see that the next "thing" could be a permutation of that idea, updated for a bit more glam urban audience. Sort of "Next Century"? I am trademarking it now.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:56 PM

64 posts, read 61,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
The Mid Century madness seems to have crested, so I can see that the next "thing" could be a permutation of that idea, updated for a bit more glam urban audience. Sort of "Next Century"? I am trademarking it now.
At market preview big push on Chinese Chippendale. Chintz fabric. White gold or brushed gold and glass and marble. A lot of pure white. Velvets, jewel tones. Honestly it was all over the place! I go to explore next week. It honestly seems to be all over the place.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 PM

61,664 posts, read 87,041,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
"What is next..?"

Whatever HGTV decides to pedal! (Usually it's whatever company/product that is willing to write the biggest check!!!)
Right!! Styles come and go. Way too many people are making money inventing new trends and getting rich on people following them.
I really don't care what comes next. Have my own style...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating