Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 12:12 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Advertisements

Closets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 12:44 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,248 times
Master bath:
I was left some money by my grandmother who raised me. I used a little money here and there for home improvements, but the master bath is a complete disaster. Total waste of $10k. Every time I walk in there, I just feel like Nana is rolling over in her grave, as she was very frugal and would have had a fit if she had seen the horrible job that wasted her money

Old 08-30-2019, 12:46 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Probably my kitchen. It’s small and it spends about 2 seconds a day looking pristine and the rest of the time it’s not.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:54 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
I have two rooms in the basement. One is a utility room that has the exterior door to the stairwell, so it has some outside light. The other is a semi-finished room with the inside basement stairs. That room has drywall and overhead "can" lights, and it also has a large brick fireplace with a mantel, but there are no windows, and it feels like a windowless dungeon to me. I guess it would make a great "man cave", but I prefer the first floor rooms with windows, light, and air. I only go down to the basement to check the sump pump.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:03 AM

6 posts, read 2,223 times
I think a bath is the best option

Old 09-07-2019, 08:06 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
My master bathroom. While it's a decent size, the layout is not great and it takes about 5 minutes to get hot water to the walk-in shower so I don't even use it; I use the tub/shower combo in the hall bathroom. Water is expensive in my area and I hate wasting it waiting for it to start running warm. Plus it really needs some updating with a new commode and new shower tiles. The floor tiles are a pinkish peach and the shower tiles are gray. At least there is a new sink & vanity but it still needs some work.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:41 PM

6 posts, read 2,223 times
But I suggest you let try the cowhide rugs bath enter door I think it's good option

Old 09-19-2019, 12:47 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Master bedroom.... it's become my wife's dumping ground. I gonna started telling her she looks fat in that _____ and maybe she'll throw it out or just kill me. I win either way. lol

The dogs will miss me.

Old 09-23-2019, 05:57 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
I'd have to say the crawlspace under my house--it's actually fairly deep (three and a half feet, in most places, maybe a bit deeper in others), and it runs the length of the house, but getting in and out of it is a PITA--you have to go through a small door in the wall, then climb down a small ladder.

Overall, though, I actually really like the rooms of my house. I was a bit 'hmmm' on the two 'children's rooms', since they're on the small side--one's 10 feet by 10 feet, the other 9 feet by 9 feet. My sister lives with me, and I gave her those two rooms for her use. I can't imagine having both rooms occupied by a child (maybe when they're small, but by teenage years, I dunno.) But it works for my sister. She uses the larger one as her bedroom, and the smaller one as her office/entertainment area. She actually likes it that way, she said it makes her feel like in a way, she does have her 'own place'. It probably helps that she has her own full bathroom, and that's *very* generous-sized--6 feet by 6 feet. She can also put some extra stuff in there as well, as a result.

Should my sister move out, one of those rooms will be a guest room, and the other a library.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:32 PM

671 posts, read 1,119,023 times
My living room is annoying me right now. It is too narrow to do what I want.

I have never had a tv in the room and I want to add one so that I use the room more. (No family room-my tv is upstairs in my bedroom.) If I put the tv at the far end wall then I have to put the couch across the room which leaves no room for chairs. If I leave couch on wall facing window there is only room for small chairs-not the recliner.

Room is 22ft long by 13.5 ft wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating