Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 09:09 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,344,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Does the faucet have manual switch at the end? What's that for?
The faucet is not a smart faucet like mine. It is a simple pulldown faucet. The switch on the wand is to switch between stream and spray modes. Some newer models of Moen pulldown faucets also have a "Power Boost" button to increase water pressure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2022, 11:16 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The faucet is not a smart faucet like mine. It is a simple pulldown faucet. The switch on the wand is to switch between stream and spray modes. Some newer models of Moen pulldown faucets also have a "Power Boost" button to increase water pressure.
It just looks little odd. My faucet has a switch similar to electric toothbrush - it's concealed inside the spray module and you just "feel" the switch behind a waterproof rubber covering it.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_rister96 View Post
Hey, any updates? Would be nice to see photos as well!
Not yet. They are still waiting on the tile backsplash and the cabinet doors.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:45 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,397,769 times
Formica will be great. We bought a house with 30-year-old formica that had survived two kids and still was in great shape (I was going to say still looked good, but it was mustard yellow with gold flecks. I'm not sure it EVER looked good). Kept it for ten years, then covered it with tile.

Your grandfather probably knows what his neighbors have, so it's likely a typical choice for his neighborhood. Putting granite in a Formica neighborhood wouldn't increase resale value as much as you might think.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
You and he should start with talking to a kitchen designer who specializes in universal design.
Faucets are not important.
Lighting is way more important.
Spend at least 6 months planning before commencing with any construction.

Formica® are just fine. He should also look at Wilsonart®.
The edging is critical as you want something that will take abuse.
I agree about universal design. And Grandpop should get what he likes. And put night lights in the kitchen when its finished. In fact, put night lights throughout his place. We old folks get up at night.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I agree about universal design. And Grandpop should get what he likes. And put night lights in the kitchen when its finished. In fact, put night lights throughout his place. We old folks get up at night.
I know he prefers cool daylight lighting over warm white.

In the future he is considering remodeling his pink bathroom. He wants to keep his existing Moen Engage handheld showerhead and Moen Adler faucet since they are fairly new. However, I am not sure what color bathtub and toilet he wants. However, for the valve and valve trim, I suggested a Moen Posi-Temp valve with Eva valve trim in brushed nickel.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:01 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,834,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I know he prefers cool daylight lighting over warm white.
Have him experiment with 3500K color temperature bulbs. Make sure he buys ones with a good CRI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating