Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 10:21 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times

Advertisements

We built all lowers with pull-outs including one tall enough for cookie sheets, etc....very handy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 10:54 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I wish I had deep drawers for all those plastic bowls, tupperware or thos cheap crap bowls, that every time I open the cabinet door, they fall all over, it makes me crazy.
A drawer filled with them would give me my sanity back.

oh well.........

Old 08-02-2022, 04:22 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I wish I had deep drawers for all those plastic bowls, tupperware or thos cheap crap bowls, that every time I open the cabinet door, they fall all over, it makes me crazy.

oh well.........

Mine drove me nuts too. I finally went looking for a solution and found these. Installed them myself and they work perfectly! No more tupperware and plastic falling everywhere!

https://www.amazon.com/Organizers-Pu.../dp/B07H2M3W7H

Old 08-02-2022, 05:18 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Mine drove me nuts too. I finally went looking for a solution and found these. Installed them myself and they work perfectly! No more tupperware and plastic falling everywhere!

https://www.amazon.com/Organizers-Pu.../dp/B07H2M3W7H

thank you, they are a very good idea,

I think I can look into them and see how I can re-arrainge things in my cabinets, very good idea!!

Old 08-05-2022, 12:21 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Alison View Post
For kitchen storage, there is no earthly reason to have lower cupboards. Give me drawers, drawers, and more drawers. Put some cupboards in for uppers and no one gets hurt. Am I right?

I'm tired of squatting to retrieve a pan. Bending over is hard enough for the kitchen workout. I'm not talking about under the sink, now.
Yes Ann, I think you are right!

I don't like pull-outs either, just drawers of different depths under all the counters.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:39 AM

6,817 posts, read 11,545,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

oh well.........
A neat trick I accidentally discovered - put all your tupperware lids standing on edge in a plastic shoe box either on a shelf or in a drawer.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:55 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
We did a kitchen remodel last year, and most of the lowers were replaced with drawers, including deep drawers for pots. We have some that are cabinets, but all but one of those have a pull out shelf. Those were mostly for taller things or it just aesthetically looked better, but it provides the same function. For example, we have a cabinet next to our ovens for cookie / baking sheets. But it has a divided pull out where the pans sit. This way, they are not stacked on top of each other - much easier to gete to. We have true cabinets in our island, where we keep small applicances. Those open from either side of the island, so we really don't need to bend down or reach to the back of anything. This is the same as our island was before, and it never caused any issues. Also, if we did drawers, you would only be able to access things from one side of it. Our island is in the middle of our kitchen, so that would make it even less functional. Our kitchen is so much more functional now.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:58 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Go “hybrid”!
Pull-out shelves!
I installed them about 6months ago- they make a helluva difference retrieving a certain item.
We have both, and drawers work a lot better for things like pots and pans. The pull-out shelves reduce the amount of usable area by a couple inches all around, which really makes a difference. They're great for some things, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating