Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 07:44 AM

417 posts, read 455,717 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to suggest that at places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods etc you can find really substantial looking mirrors for $39.99 (yes some more $ and many less $)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
ou can find vanity anywhere. All is vanity.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM

501 posts, read 1,474,566 times
We replaced a chipped sheet mirror by buying two large picture frames from Michael's and took them to the glass/mirror dealer who inserted beveled mirrors and a very sturdy wire to hang. Worked great and saved money to boot.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 995 times
Default Sounds like the owner of a cabinet shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Glass shops sell every shape/size and any style mirrors.

Cabinet showrooms sell bathroom vanities in every conceivable door/drawer combo and size.

And for MUCH LESS COST then the big box stores.

The obvious answers you will get for Home Depot and Lowes will be from uneducated consumers who seem to enjoy overpaying because they are too stubborn to try any place else.

How uneducated can one be about freakin' mirrors? Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM

470 posts, read 1,278,629 times
I need to get a framed recessed medicine cabinet - Any suggestions?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregie View Post
How uneducated can one be about freakin' mirrors? Sounds like you have an axe to grind.
True about being uneducated. You are answering a post that was current during the Nixon administration.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeas View Post
I need to get a framed recessed medicine cabinet - Any suggestions?
All major cabinet manufacturers have them all ready made to match your color, wood species and door style. Sizes may be limited though. Ask your local dealer (NOT HOME JUNKPO) to show you the catalog.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:28 PM

983 posts, read 1,055,727 times
I was in Lowes once with my dh. As we walked through the bathroom vanity/cabinet section, I started examining their display models. I found doors that hung off kilter, staples sticking out the sides (assembly was done using staples, not nails), drawers that didn't slide easily. And lots of particle board. I asked a passing salesclerk if all of their vanities were like that; she said yes, those had come right from the box.

That level of quality wasn't just in the low end, inexpensive stuff. It went across all price ranges.

If you go with Lowes or HD, inspect each piece carefully before you accept it. And be prepared for mass produced quality (staples, etc).

You can get better quality if you go with a custom cabinet maker. The price is higher than at one of the big box stores, but not outrageously so. And you can get exactly what you want (special sized drawers, etc). You won't get staples or particle board from a cabinet maker either.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:09 PM

248 posts, read 862,585 times
There are also nicer furniture sold by private showrooms. They are not the same price as the cheap ones at the big box stores but they are better quality. You can also get tops and sometimes mirrors with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House