Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
So I guess its impossible that you might actually think about sitting down if you, an adult male are having problems hitting the toilet?? I am incredulous that grown men actually have this issue.

Its time to wake up, dogs, cats and women are house trained successfully, how is it that men think its acceptable under any circumstances that their urine end up anywhere but in the toilet??

I have seen houses where men have hit the wall until the wallpaper peels, until laminate flooring is stained, all kinds of things. I can't fathom having that in my home. Honestly, its apparently easier to house train dogs and cats then modern man.
That was just plain nasty. If you really want to go there, there are an ARMY of people who will back me up that women are total pigs in public restrooms when compared to men. I used to get to see this multiple times a day when having to clean them between shows at theatres. People who live in glass houses...

Its time to wake up, some dogs, some cats and some men are house trained successfully, how is it that women think its acceptable under any circumstances that their pads end clogging the toilet, or that defecating on the floor beside the toilet is acceptable, or that dirty toilet paper is a required accessory to every restroom floor??

I have seen public restrooms where women have intentionally clogged toilets until they overflowed, until no other women could use the restroom, where they then barged into the mens restrooms and screamed when a man came in, all kinds of things. I can't fathom what goes on in those brains. Honestly, its apparently easier to house train dogs and cats then modern women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
That was just plain nasty. If you really want to go there, there are an ARMY of people who will back me up that women are total pigs in public restrooms when compared to men. I used to get to see this multiple times a day when having to clean them between shows at theatres. People who live in glass houses...

Its time to wake up, some dogs, some cats and some men are house trained successfully, how is it that women think its acceptable under any circumstances that their pads end clogging the toilet, or that defecating on the floor beside the toilet is acceptable, or that dirty toilet paper is a required accessory to every restroom floor??

I have seen public restrooms where women have intentionally clogged toilets until they overflowed, until no other women could use the restroom, where they then barged into the mens restrooms and screamed when a man came in, all kinds of things. I can't fathom what goes on in those brains. Honestly, its apparently easier to house train dogs and cats then modern women.
Funny how in my 43 years that has not been my experience, maybe I just hang out in higher class places...
As for my post being nasty, I agree but this subject is nasty, the thought that some men believe their pee doesn't necessarily belong in the toilet.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Have to say, I've always wanted one, but only as part of a mancave/bar.

On the topic of men not aiming correctly, perhaps just as it is with dogs and cats, the owner of said man is the issue when it comes to training? If Ms. McFarren is having such issues, she really only has herself to blame. I know if I missed, my wife would get out a rolled up newspaper and whack her hand with it until I got the point.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
. If you really want to go there, there are an ARMY of people who will back me up that women are total pigs in public restrooms when compared to men..

Absollutely correct. DUring college, I worked in several different places where I had to clean bathrooms open to the public. I have cleaned public bathrooms at elast a thousand times. The mens room was generally not super disgusting (occaisionally, but rarely). There was always some urine around the urinals, but a quick bleach and rinse took that away (just be careful, supposedly urine has ammonia in it and bleach mixed with ammonia makes poisonous chlorine gas.). The womens bathroom frequently had intentionally disgusting messes. Pads stuck to the wall. Dirty toilet paper stuck on the mirror, deffecation on the floors, wall and even on the cieling, toilet paper thrown everywhere. I will not go into the really dissgusting things that I found. If we had two people, I always tried to get the other person to clean the womens bathroom, while I cleaned the mens. Only newbies fell for it. They expected the mens bathroom to be worse to clean (sometimes it was, but rarely).

At each place that I worked, I commented on this, buecause I expected that the mens room would be worse, however people who had been doing those jobs for decades said that it is consistently the public womens bathrooms where you find the really disgusintg things (and most of these people who told me this were women).

I saw part of a show on TV where someone had three urinals stuck the the wall of their entry hall and tehy provided a place to throw your keys, wallet, cell phones and other pocket junk that you need to have handy to take with you as you leave.

I think that if they really wanted that look, they should have poured a little bit of yello plexiglass into each one.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 01-17-2011 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,651 times
If this is going to be in a bathroom where your wife has to see it then I definitely think it's a big no-no. Why would you want to make your wife feel as if she's in a public men's room everytime she has to use the bathroom??? ughhhhh.

For me personally urinals skeeve me out, I've only had to see them on rare occasions but I always get this EWWWW Don't look! Don't Look! Don't LOOOOOOOOK!! feeling when I see them.

Also be prepared to clean the thing yourself, you can't really blame your wife for not wanting to clean it, I mean it's bad enough she has to feel like she's in a public men's room when she has to go but making her feel like the janitor of said public men's room is even worse.

If it's in your man cave, you will clean it and can afford to install it then go for it otherwise your wife is right, you're crazy!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
A urinal? That is just f'in disgusting. It will stink up your bathroom. Grow up and aim or sit down.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
I cleaned for Golf Community, I will this ! Older men have digestive issues... Out the four years I work there it was the man's bathroom that turned the stomach....The women bathroom was spotless, now this is a private Golf Community for elderly folks...

Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 PM

205 posts, read 479,585 times
Wouldn't they only stink when used a lot and not flushed often? In my office there are urinals but its a small office and people flush it. I don't recall it ever smelling, not once. It's in your home, not some dive bar with plumbing issues where no one even bothers to flush it. How could anyone think a toilet, urinal, or bidet is disgusting? They all serve their purpose.... we all urinate and defecate right?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:16 PM

1,955 posts, read 10,983,616 times
Urinal cakes help keep the smell down, but still - in an office environment, there's some regular cleaning schedule. At home ... how good are you? Because don't expect the lady of the house to clean it.

Read the other thread (I posted the link earlier), please. There are other issues too ... like having enough volume for the flush valve to work. Unless you have at least 1" piping throughout and an even larger connection from the street, urinals will NOT work.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloLight View Post
Wouldn't they only stink when used a lot and not flushed often? In my office there are urinals but its a small office and people flush it. I don't recall it ever smelling, not once. It's in your home, not some dive bar with plumbing issues where no one even bothers to flush it. How could anyone think a toilet, urinal, or bidet is disgusting? They all serve their purpose.... we all urinate and defecate right?
It's in an office setting, I would amused it was be cleaned daily, have Urinal cake.....I cleaned daily as well, expect for Saturday & Sunday, my days off...At this point the only ones using them where the home owners, not open to public..Come back early Monday to clean they smelled....The key is they must be cleaned daily! Not many want to be a slave to urinal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House