Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,727 times

Advertisements

why don't you try sites for that you can find many new designs and there features for your kitchen appliances and i think it definatly helps you..
for example if you plan for your sink than you can find many types of sinks and size here Kitchen Sinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,665 times
Default budget?

The first thing to know is your budget and how extensive you want to go. You say your wife wants to keep the paper, so keep it. It is very Bistro looking so you could go that direction and tone down some of the contrasts. Here's a possible idea list:

Appliances: If you go black, I would suggest that you may consider painting your base cabinets black also. This would help everything blend together. The tall cabinet in the corner I would paint black top to bottom and put the micro back in it and get rid of the TV (doesn't look like you can watch it anyway). Remove the wall paper from the side of this cabinet and it will tone down the checks on the wall behind the stove. You might consider a tin backsplash.

Trim: A nice ivory or beige would take away some of the shock value that you have going on. I would suggest using the same color on the top cabinets and maybe distressing it or adding a crackle finish.

Lighting: Choose an old world type light fixture as the main fixture. Add task lighting under the cabinets. Add a chandelier over the dining table.

Hardware: Easy and pretty inexpensive fix but makes a huge difference. You have brass on the door, if you stay with that family I would suggest antique brass if you refinish the cabinets.

Misc: You may want to consider painting the ceiling a flat white (it seems pretty bright) or a very, very light off white to tone it down. A new dining table and chairs in black would really tie it all together. Get rid of the pink fake flowers and go green (color and live...grow some herbs). Window treatments I would conside a simple tailored (flat no ruffles) valance.

PLEASE....Don't touch the beautiful floor.

I understand working on a budget and living through construction, neither one is easy. Do what you can, when you can and eventually it will all come together. Good Luck!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:29 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,351,821 times
I'd invest in some paint for the cabinets. And maybe add some new knobs and pulls.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:14 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,489,281 times
i like the table too. if you don't want it, ship it to me. thanks!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Pull the burners out and make sure the orifices are clean. Also make sure the igniter is clean *rub it with a dollar bill* If the oven igniter is bad it will either have a crack or have a white residue on it. Very easy to replace and all you need is your model number and can easily find it online most likely. Of course this is only if you want to fix it.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 PM

759 posts, read 3,186,518 times
For the range get a black one with sealed burners. get one that looks more commercial if it is in your budget. Fridge get it Black. you have too many colors and patterns in the kitchen. the checkerboard wall paper look weird. Cabinets can be refinished to a darker red/brown to match the area below the chair rail. the ideas are end less. if the budget allows granite counters...

Wallpaper is so 1980's. I had to get rid of it in my old house before I sold it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
Just bought this house, What do you think could be done with this kitchen? Right now the stove dosent ignite and the oven is hard to ignite, (igniter is burned out) so it has to be replaced anyway. Colors? stainless? black? white? dishwasher is black, Looks like the oven vent or microwave is misssing, what about lighting? recessed? behind the kitchen is a big window going outside with a round table and I mounted a pendant light over the table. (i want the table gone as well)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House