Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

Every toilet I've ever seen, until today, has the water inlet holes at the top of the bowl.

Today I saw toilets with only one large water inlet hole -- which was located at the water line, close to the bottom of the bowl.

I was fascinated by the design but couldnt find a manufacturer/brand name anywhere. The house was a rental and the tenants didnt know anything about the toilets.

Has anyone here ever seen, or does anyone know anything about, toilets with this design? I'm interested in replacing my two toilets and would like to get more info on this brand/model.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Sounds like Gerber's.
Most of their toilets have a "duel-fed jet assist"- or something like that.

But my initial thought was a "wash-down" type toilet- those that are found in the EU. But here in the states "syphonic" toilets are the standard. So, maybe a Gerber but I'm sure there are probably other manufacturers of similar designs-

How many ways can you design a toilet?
Before you think the obvious, the U.S. Patent Office holds literally hundreds of patents for toilets! Go figure!

But eventually it All comes to the number one rule in plumbing-
"STUFF" runs downhill!

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
OP, please tell us which looks familiar, if any:

High-Efficiency Toilets - Toilets, Plumbing, Water Conservation, Bath - JLC Online Page 1 of 2

save water when flushing with MJSI HrdroRight - mikeshouts

KOHLER Canada: Bathroom: Toilets: High Efficiency Flushing Systems: Why KOHLER: Planning

Oh, I could not resist:
http://www.amazon.com/KOHLER-K-3900-..._sim_sbs_hi_14 see the video

Last edited by elnina; 01-20-2013 at 12:50 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 AM

Thanks so much, K'ledgeBldr and elnina. I looked at gerberonline.com but didnt see any toilets with the inlet hole at water level. And, elnina, you always find the best links but I didnt see any there either.

This toilet looked exactly like any other except that, when you flush it, the water enters the bowl from one large hole located close to the bottom of the bowl. No water enters the bowl from the rim area. The tank innards looked like any other but the tank itself was fairly small.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
The only other toilet I can think of that has that feature is one piece low profile toilets.
Because the tank is so low it's hard to generate enough head pressure with so little gravitational force. So they use the "jet" outlet at the entrance to the trapway to "assist" with the evacuation of the bowl.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
The only other toilet I can think of that has that feature is one piece low profile toilets.
Because the tank is so low it's hard to generate enough head pressure with so little gravitational force. So they use the "jet" outlet at the entrance to the trapway to "assist" with the evacuation of the bowl.

Interesting. This toilet had great flushing ability so maybe that's it. I'll google the one-piece low-profile toilets. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House