Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I sadly had to leave my collection of old-style gas cans behind when I moved to FL from PA this past November. The movers wouldn't take them on the truck, even though they were empty. I was flying down, so I couldn't bring them with me. I had to buy two of the awful new-style cans and they are awful. Both of them leak when pouring. I've had enough of this nonsense.

I am going to Tractor Supply this weekend to get some new spouts. I also found an old-style can the previous owners left behind in my garage. It needs a spout, but is otherwise fine. I'll get a spout for that one too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I am going to Tractor Supply this weekend to get some new spouts. I also found an old-style can the previous owners left behind in my garage. It needs a spout, but is otherwise fine. I'll get a spout for that one too.
I keep the original spouts on the 5 gallon cans all the time, except when I'm ready to use it....

Old 06-27-2013, 11:23 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
I sadly had to leave my collection of old-style gas cans behind when I moved to FL from PA this past November. The movers wouldn't take them on the truck, even though they were empty. I was flying down, so I couldn't bring them with me. I had to buy two of the awful new-style cans and they are awful. Both of them leak when pouring. I've had enough of this nonsense.

Measurethe old can opening before you buy a spout. They changed the size I heard somewhere. Make sure it will fit the old can.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Some burglar is going to break into your garage, see the can and take a big drink because he is thirsty from all the work of breaking in. Then he will light a cigarette, blow up his face and sue you. HE will make two claims of negligence. One for putting gas in a water can and one for locking your garage and making him work hard to get in so he was really thirsty. Oh and the label will not work. The burglar is illiterate.
You know what? I just remembered something.

Kerosene cans are blue.....just like water cans.

That lawyer needs to go back to the drawing board.

I have a very nice, old, blue plastic kerosene can out in the garage.

I suppose I could rinse/wash that out really well and use it for gas if I ever need a new gas container.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
I was flying down, so I couldn't bring them with me.
20 years ago I took one these on plane, carry on. Empty of course.

If you tried that now they would probably have the swat team there.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:49 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
If your spout looks like this:

Pull it off and throw it away as its spring loaded and the spring snaps off after a few uses. If you can return the can back to the store.

The spout in this video is fine in 1 & 2 gallon tanks, but is a PITA in 5 gallon as stated in the video.

How to Fix a New Gas Can - YouTube

Both type should be replaced with the following:

Shop Blitz Hand-E Flo Spout Accessory at Lowes.com=

But 5 gallon tanks with these are all still a PITA and on by back from holding it in a odd position.

So I purchased one of these:

Shop DuraHeat Kerosene Heater Siphon Pump at Lowes.com=

All better now.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If your spout looks like this:

Pull it off and throw it away as its spring loaded and the spring snaps off after a few uses. If you can return the can back to the store.

The spout in this video is fine in 1 & 2 gallon tanks, but is a PITA in 5 gallon as stated in the video.

How to Fix a New Gas Can - YouTube

Both type should be replaced with the following:

Shop Blitz Hand-E Flo Spout Accessory at Lowes.com=

But 5 gallon tanks with these are all still a PITA and on by back from holding it in a odd position.

So I purchased one of these:

Shop DuraHeat Kerosene Heater Siphon Pump at Lowes.com=

All better now.
See post # 30.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
See post # 30.
I supplied the picture.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
I hope there is a special place in hell for the person that though up this nozzel and I hope there are chairs beside theirs that are for the people that made this law.....

Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
SUCCESS!

I hit up Tractor Supply yesterday. They only had one on the shelf, but I got it. And, most importantly, IT FIT THE NEW CAN.

EZ-POUR

I'll hit up the other TSC in the area over the weekend and hopefully get more for my other cans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House