Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 12:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Of all the chores I hate the most being single, it is remaking the bed on laundry day ! I dread fitting the bottom sheet on, then the top sheet and comforter. I am beat by the time I am done.

I also did away with the skirt, it kept getting pulled out of shape as I fed the sheets into place and I had to keep fighting with it, so it is no longer there.

Don
I hate making the bed too.

Here's what I'm doing about it -

no skirt to fuss with

no top sheet, no separate blankets

a couple different comforters, one for winter, one for summer, and several different duvet covers for each, including a cover with flannel and one with fleece. Covers are easy to sew from sheets and blankets.

Get up in the morning, shake the comforter out to make sure the filling is evenly distributed, arrange it nicely over the bed. Done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 12:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Very Scandinavian of you.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:00 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,745,966 times
I recently learned to be sure the drop of the sheets match the depth of the mattress.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
No bed skirt -- I hate the look, and had the same trouble. The slick mattress material, and the cat running in and out from under the bed moved it all the time.

I use fitted sheets from The Company Store. I love the elastic all the way around them.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:10 PM

332 posts, read 498,598 times
Using a fitted sheet should actually make the bed skirt move less when making the bed. Just lift each corner a little when popping the fitted sheet on. A flat sheet would make it move more because you have to tuck all of it in. It's annoying! I actually have a wooden frame bed so this is no longer an issue.
I always make sure that I buy the deeper-sided fitted sheets that fit a mattress with a pillow top.
Oh and I never use flat sheets anyway so I don't buy sets, just single fitted sheets and pillowcases. Just a fitted sheet and a covered doona/quilt (comforter?). Tucked in sheets drive me nuts, I feel like I'm being suffocated.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:50 AM

24,579 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should be able to find something you like here:

https://www.google.com/?client=safar...tic+bed+ruffle

As silly as it sounds I have always been fascinated by these and wonder what made someone think of doing this yet I have never purchased one....LOL
Mainly because they do not have the color I want or style. If someone would make an eyelet in the shade of green I want I might make the purchase.
Buy white and dye it.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:34 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Someone else said something about hiding something under the bed well since I don't have a lot of closet space in my apt I roll my extra winter comforters and blankets under my bed and also keeps the dogs (Chihuahuas ) out from under the bed as well cause there is no room and yes I use the pins they sell at the hardward store to keep the skirt in place .Good luck I hope it works for you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House