Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4far View Post
At this point I'm now the superior person and this forum
can't produce an intelligent response.
Everyone who posts here is brain dead?
Oh, if I had seen this post I wouldn't have responded.
Good luck to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:02 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times
Quote:
At this point I'm now the superior person and this forum can't produce an intelligent response. Everyone who posts here is brain dead?
A lot of us are sleeping because we have to work in the morning. Jeeze.. be patient. People will answer you.

Get some heavy duty garbage bags, start in a corner of the room, separate the laundry from the garbage and throw the garbage away.

and change your attitude. You're very rude.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Get all the garbage up first. Once you do, the rest of the mess will be a lot less overwhelming. Use big black trash bags, like the ones that are used for your lawn.

Once all the trash is up, start with dishes. One load at a time. Wash, dry, put away, repeat.

Same with laundry.

Then, you can hire a cleaning service to clean the floors, appliances, walls, counters, bathroom, etc. Be prepared to pay.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Get all the garbage up first. Once you do, the rest of the mess will be a lot less overwhelming. Use big black trash bags, like the ones that are used for your lawn.

Once all the trash is up, start with dishes. One load at a time. Wash, dry, put away, repeat.

Same with laundry.

Then, you can hire a cleaning service to clean the floors, appliances, walls, counters, bathroom, etc. Be prepared to pay.
this. It will be much cheaper if you just pay the cleaners to clean.

Do you have a washer and dryer and a dishwasher?

Sunday is a slow day here and yesterday was Mother's Day

Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Cleaning services generally do light cleaning like dusting or vacuuming. They won't pick up all your belongings all over the floor nor will they do your dishes. There was a time where I was suffering from extreme laziness and depression and totally made a mess out of my rented room I was living in. Dishes all over, trash overflowing, beer bottles all over every piece of furniture and on the floor. I eventually snapped out of it and practically remodeled the entire apartment with new paint and carpeting. I vowed never to let it get like that again.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:58 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Get paper plates.

Be sure to clean the apartment before a cleaning service comes over - to save yourself the embarrassment!

Old 05-11-2015, 12:30 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Shame on you, what would your parents say?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:41 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Most of those who post here are not brain dead.
You just happened to post late on a Sunday night and it is currently 4:00am where I live.
Most who post on here are already settled in for the evening or in bed by the time you started this thread.

As far as the cleaning honestly do what you want however, be aware that some cleaning services will charge you extra to clean up what you are describing as your home.

I understand overwhelming, I'm there myself trying to get things sorted for donation or garage sale and packed to move in a few months.

Take a few trash bags and start in the furthest spot away from your front door and start filling the trash bags with trash.
Don't do anything else at this time, no picking up laundry, no putting things from the bedroom to the kitchen where they belong, no nothing but putting trash in the trash bag.

When you get one bag filled leave it in that spot tied up then start filling the next trash bag and work your way through the place until you get to the front door.

By this time you should have a path of trash bags, go collect them all and gather them by the front door.
Then open that door and carry all of the trash out of your home.

After that, going around your home and start picking up dirty dishes to take to the kitchen. After you get them all gathered, wash all of those dishes. Do not wash part of them and finish later, wash them all and leave them to dry.

Then go around and pick up all of your dirty clothes and put them in the hamper, including bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, etc.

Do one thing at a time from start to finish and do nothing else until that one thing is done.

If you have to make a list to check off of everything that needs done.
Great post.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:45 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
At this point I'm now the superior person and this forum can't produce an intelligent response. Everyone who posts here is brain dead?
OMG, it's been over 12 hours since you last posted. Are you ignoring all the people who are trying to help you?

Old 05-11-2015, 03:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
maybe I need to just get off the Internet and go throw some stuff out
Yep. Easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House