Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 03:37 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,046,411 times

Advertisements

It's been a bit over 24 hours since they switched out my GE French door fridge to the Samsung Side by Side. Is this how the water maker works or do I have an issue~? It is ONLY making 3 cups per minute and cuts off automatically. My water line is not kinked as the Samsung hotline mentioned and on the second time I called they told me it is suppose to make 6 oz of water in 10 seconds. It is only making 4 oz in 10 seconds. Then they told me on my 2nd call, that the new water filter is clogged and where I got it from should get me another one but they told me Samsung should. Anyways, anyone else have these water issues like I do~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 09:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Since you are having an ice maker issue again with a completely different manufacturer, I'd either look at there being a water pressure problem in the house, the tube connected to the house piping is not correct or an electrical problem where there is not enough voltage coming to that outlet. Also did you give it 48 hours for the computer to adjust to the house pressure?

Also the filter may be misaligned. Remove it and put it back in as tight as possible.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since you are having an ice maker issue again with a completely different manufacturer, I'd either look at there being a water pressure problem in the house, the tube connected to the house piping is not correct or an electrical problem where there is not enough voltage coming to that outlet. Also did you give it 48 hours for the computer to adjust to the house pressure?

Also the filter may be misaligned. Remove it and put it back in as tight as possible.

The water coming out of the service is not cold at all~! The water line is not kinked kinked nor any other issues. I didn't have this problem with the GE that was returned nor the Magtag that went out on me. It isn't 48 hours yet. I did take the water filter out and put it back in and remeasured the water amount. I am now getting 2 and 3/4 cups in 1 minute. Something is wrong. I was told by the hotline I need to get another filter from HD but they told me they should provide it. Any other suggestions like returning it and getting my $ back~?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
We have a Samsung French door, and I never measured but we have as much cold water as we need. It always comes out cold even if several people fill their glass. I think you need to get warranty service, what's happening with yours is not right. Not the installer, an actual factory trained technician.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:21 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
As I said in the other thread, the US set up new efficiency standards that are not in line with other countries. So now all manufacturers have to make a different machine in every category (washer,dryer,dishwasher, hot water heater, refrigerator, etc) for the US. So basically when you call any manufacturer they are going to follow the script for the rest of the planet and not the US which shows the most common correction for a issue. Remember when I told you about my washer; Best Buy was wrong, samsung customer service was wrong, geek squad was wrong, samsung tech came out and went through the entire setup and said this was normal for a unit made specifically for the US. I have Samsung refrigerators in my other homes outside the US and I love them. It has a humidity control that measures the humidity in the house and adjusts the refrigerator for it. It was a thru the door window/door that gives me access to the shelf areas (which have covers on the inside) on the door and it has a bypass for the filter. When I open the freezer I never have food with freezer burn, ice crystals or small pockets on ice on anything and never have the freezer cloud that I see on US units. All that being said, if you don't purchase a unit directly from an appliance only store then expect installation errors and improper set ups. Get the filter exchanged if needed and then get a Samsung tech to come out to redo the setup. Also call your plumber to verify that the water hookup was done correctly and to tell you the psi in your pipes (my house has a guage that I can look at to tell me). My home's in other countries have Samsungs and LGs that were both purchased from appliance stores. Never had a problem.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We have a Samsung French door, and I never measured but we have as much cold water as we need. It always comes out cold even if several people fill their glass. I think you need to get warranty service, what's happening with yours is not right. Not the installer, an actual factory trained technician.

You mean your water comes out cold~? Mind doesn't. Comes out like tap water. Just doesn't seem like when you hold the paddle down for water that it should stop dispensing water, but it does as I mentioned.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
You mean your water comes out cold~? Mind doesn't. Comes out like tap water. Just doesn't seem like when you hold the paddle down for water that it should stop dispensing water, but it does as I mentioned.
It ill come out as long as you want it to. Since a jug won't fit under there, I filled 4 16 oz. glasses to test it for you, and the last seemed just as cold as the first. I know that won't go on forever since the cooling is done by the refrigerator and the tank only holds so much. Have you tried turning down the temperature? Ours is set to 34F refrigerator, 0F freezer.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:06 PM

e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
It ill come out as long as you want it to. Since a jug won't fit under there, I filled 4 16 oz. glasses to test it for you, and the last seemed just as cold as the first. I know that won't go on forever since the cooling is done by the refrigerator and the tank only holds so much. Have you tried turning down the temperature? Ours is set to 34F refrigerator, 0F freezer.

Now test how many ounces you get in 10 seconds. It should be 6 ounces, but I get 4. Also test how many cups you get in one minute. I was getting 3 cups and then...2-3/4...and now 2-2/3. Let me know of your results and that would prove to me that something maybe is wrong with my new fridge~! Mine completely quits giving me water within 1 minute and shuts off is why I am asking if I didn't earlier.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:21 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,651,739 times
Is the angle stop valve on the supply wide open?

Do you have galvanized water pipe?

It is not unusual for galvanized pipe to accumulate corrosion that can be dislodged when work it done which could block the filter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House