Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times

Advertisements

We never had a Keurig. It's drip, percolated, or Melitta for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,436,557 times
I have to say, we switched to a Keurig years ago and never looked back. So, so easy. Fast, no clean-up. And we've had the same machine for about 5 years with no problems.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:07 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,594,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
We also have drip that will do a whole pot or a singles with it's own basket. You can use the Keurig style pre packaged coffee or a screen basket with regular coffee. I'm sure the Keurig must come with the similar basket. Don't like using it because some of the grounds end up in the sink and subsequently the septic.

We had the basket for our Keurig because we were worried about the health effects of the plastic & filling the landfills with more trash! Keurig just kept dying on us all three units, faulty heating elements. Plus they say now Keurig units have dangerous mold buildup in them..So we are thankfully they died, lol..

Still I think hands down the French Press is still the best... Great coffee take times! ....

Old 02-07-2016, 05:15 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
I have had my Keurig for many years, never had a problem with it. I am tired of it and yes, feel like it is a waste to the environment. However, very easy for me to make a cup of coffee on my work mornings (considering I am up at 2:45am, I like things easy). BUT, I really want to switch to French Press. Every time I go to purchase one I get overwhelmed with the selection.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
We drink coffee in our house. I feel that the one cup makers are not built for everyday multiple use. And I also know the coffee you get from them is not hot enough for me. And, the cups are expensive and not environmentally friendly.

So, I have continue to use my drip Cuisinart.

I would love to have an espresso maker. But it doesn't really fit our lifestyle.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:49 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,594,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I have had my Keurig for many years, never had a problem with it. I am tired of it and yes, feel like it is a waste to the environment. However, very easy for me to make a cup of coffee on my work mornings (considering I am up at 2:45am, I like things easy). BUT, I really want to switch to French Press. Every time I go to purchase one I get overwhelmed with the selection.

I own Frieling French Press Coffee Maker.
Superior quality, double-wall insulated, 18/10 stainless steel retains heat 4 times longer than a glass press. All steel mesh plunger mechanism. Built to stand the test of time. Should replacement parts ever be needed, they are available. All parts are dishwasher safe; no need to disassemble.

We love it!

Old 02-07-2016, 05:51 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I own Frieling French Press Coffee Maker.
Superior quality, double-wall insulated, 18/10 stainless steel retains heat 4 times longer than a glass press. All steel mesh plunger mechanism. Built to stand the test of time. Should replacement parts ever be needed, they are available. All parts are dishwasher safe; no need to disassemble.

We love it!
Thank you! I will look into it. I like the retaining heat factor.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:59 PM

31 posts, read 174,226 times
I tried drip until the carafe tipped over and spilled coffee all over my desk at work. I keep a small Keurig at my desk now. It's really easy to clean there is no way it's going to make a mess if I bump into it by mistake.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:28 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Just a plastic Melita cone for me. Grind coffee, boil water, pour through cone.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:45 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
DH likes the Keurig. I prefer drip.

I have a Black & Decker Spacemaker that is about thirty years old. I put one mug of water in the reservoir, a big scoop of coffee in a filter in the basket, and have a single serving of coffee in about the same time as the Keurig makes one. Many Keurig coffees have a bit of instant coffee flavor to me. Also, I do not care for flavored coffee. When I want coffee, I want coffee, not hazelnut or vanilla or anything else. Just plain coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House