Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:43 AM

21 posts, read 17,913 times

Advertisements

Emergency kit
A first aid box is more than a necessity in the garage. With all the tools and work going on in the house, we might find ourselves in an unfortunate situation and need emergency help before going to a hospital.

Tool box
It would not be a garage without a toolbox, something to hold the screw drivers, measuring tapes, hammers and all other house hold tools.

Fire extinguisher
Because of all the machines like cars, lawn mowers and air compressors, we find ourselves with a reasonable amount of gasoline. Not having an extinguisher in case of any mishap will be a total disaster.

Garage rack
We have heavy equipments and stuff we use once in a while and it is only proper to keep the out of site and that is in the garage. With enough space to accommodate them, talking about our bicycles, unused tubs, old and new umbrellas, tubs filled with junk and many more. An overhead garage rack will do justice to all these.

Stable bench space
It will be impossible to come to our second job site (garage) and not have a good workbench. The work bench has to have enough space, so we can work freely and produce the results we love.

Old paint cans
It will be insane to throw away paint cans after first usage. If some is left it should be kept for future use, which is why we have a garage with enough storage space. Anytime we need to repaint the walls or change our room color, we just hop in the garage, grab a paint brush and a can the off we go.

A ladder
After grabbing the paint can and brush we might need a ladder to help us paint the top edge of the walls. It I also an invaluable item when cleaning gutters, checking on the roof’s shingles or changing a light bulb at home that is located near the ceiling.

Garden hose
Having a garden hose in the garage will be of great help when washing the car, water the flowers or hook it up to the sprinkler for the kids. You can hang it or coil it up in a decorative bowl.

Extra collection of nails and screws
The nails and screws we own or have on some assembled equipments are never really enough. We are always in need to use our workbench to build something and it will be awful not to a nail to complete the task or have what we’ve constructed lack a screw or two.

New car
Our garage needs to have a new car that will grace the scenery and cause us to come into the garage more often, even if we do not have work to do but to admire our new car.

Last edited by MandyChow; 04-22-2016 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Delete a paragraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 04:12 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
I don't have a garage, I have a large 2 story shed. I keep my bike, lawnmower, tools, and assorted things in it. I just moved in this month so I have to sort things out and store more things in it. When I had a roommate he had a garage and I kept all the same things in it plus some furniture that didn't fit in the house.

Last edited by LifeIsGood01; 04-22-2016 at 04:28 AM..

Old 04-22-2016, 04:42 AM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times
My car, washer, few shelves with stuff on, bike. Everything else is in my 10x24 shed.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:17 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
You always have the oddest lists!
This one particularly struck a chord...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyChow View Post

New car
Our garage needs to have a new car that will grace the scenery and cause us to come into the garage more often, even if we do not have work to do but to admire our new car.

I know of NO ONE who gets a new car to "grace the scenery" of their garage.

My garage has two vehicles, landscaping equipment, tools, and the usual suspects.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Practically anything that doesn't fit in the house, LOL

Old 04-22-2016, 05:57 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Most Americans will use their garage for storage of junk that should have been donated or thrown out but their $35,000 (or more) car will sit outside in the weather. Unless the junk is worth as much, perhaps it's time to buy a shed, or "Let it go"....

Old 04-22-2016, 06:23 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,822 times
A new 13 X 8 foot work bench, freshly painted walls. New overhead LED lighting, six new 20 amp outlets. an 8 foot Michigan State banner. A 4 foot by 4 foot Audi banner. A fully stocked 12 drawer craftsman rolling tool box, many, many automotive tools and a lightly modded black on black 2007 Audi S4.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:22 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
8 bicycles, pool table, air hockey table, workbench, seasonal decorations stored in tubs, large weight machine, punching bag and stand, hula hoops, lawn care equipment.

Yes, it's a little bit crowded. We were going to replace the pool table with the air hockey table but when it was time to get rid of the pool table, the hubby wasn't ready to part with it.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:24 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
My house has a very open floor plan which meant a very limited amount of cabinet space. I knew going in that my garage was going to have to be my kitchen annex so I have one wall of shelving for all of the big pots and pans, serving dishes, appliances, etc. that I do use but don't have room for in my kitchen. When I'm doing major cooking, I prop open the door and treat it as one large kitchen, really.

The rest is the normal collection of bikes, yard stuff, tools, etc. and other overflow.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:16 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
2 cars. The water heater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House