Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

Advertisements

If our home was not the right home for us we would have never bought it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:48 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
The location is a 10.

The house is an old farm house we gutted and rebuilt...........big mistake.

Now, we just have a lot of money in a big old house.

Every time someone tells me how nice it is.......it make my skin crawl.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:03 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,287,006 times
I would rate mine a 9.9999999999. What I really don't like about it is the street it is on-a truck route. Some of those trucks go by super fast and there are a few doors that pop open from the vibration (including the front door -we have a chain lock on it so it won't open all the way but in the winter...).

There are other things that I don't like which will be dealt with hopefully very soon-like the downstairs bathroom, the garage, and stuff like that. One of the things that WISH this house had was a bigger kitchen-but what we have is doable.

Otherwise, I LOVE this house. I think I say that almost every day. We bought this house 3 years ago and moved in 2. With the amount of $$$$$$ it cost to get this house livable, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The thing is, many people who have come into this house says that it has such a vibe to it and you can't help but love it.

And once again I have a good excuse to post a pic.

And here is a shameless plug if anyone wants to see the videos of the restoration.

//www.city-data.com/forum/house...old-house.html

Cat

Old 05-19-2016, 11:42 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times

We're on a fairly busy neighborhood thoroughfare, and the noise bothers me, but we're putting in new windows soon, so that should help.

View: 9

We look out on the Front Range. On a clear day, the view takes my breath away.

Architecture: 5

It's a '70s tract house. Nothing particularly special about it, but it meets our needs.

Amenities: 8

Pretty neighborhood with lots of open space, walking trails, and a mature landscape.

Access: 9

Short commute, ample shopping, and nearby highway and light rail/commuter rail if we want to get out of Dodge.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:22 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
I'll go with a 9.

New construction so it's pretty much what I wanted but still within the confines of what the builder offered (tract builder). There are some additional tweaks that I can make and those are being done over time. There are some things that I didn't have the ability to change and I just have to live with them.

In a perfect world, I could do a fully custom build and have control over every aspect and then it would be an 11.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:32 PM

314 posts, read 237,582 times
I would say a 9. Great location, in downtown. New construction on a higher level floor, amenities etc. Everything upgraded, just wish it was a bit bigger at times.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I would rate mine a 9.9999999999. What I really don't like about it is the street it is on-a truck route. Some of those trucks go by super fast and there are a few doors that pop open from the vibration (including the front door -we have a chain lock on it so it won't open all the way but in the winter...).

There are other things that I don't like which will be dealt with hopefully very soon-like the downstairs bathroom, the garage, and stuff like that. One of the things that WISH this house had was a bigger kitchen-but what we have is doable.

Otherwise, I LOVE this house. I think I say that almost every day. We bought this house 3 years ago and moved in 2. With the amount of $$$$$$ it cost to get this house livable, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The thing is, many people who have come into this house says that it has such a vibe to it and you can't help but love it.

And once again I have a good excuse to post a pic.

And here is a shameless plug if anyone wants to see the videos of the restoration.

//www.city-data.com/forum/house...old-house.html

Cat
wow follow that..... mine is pretty basic and small... with a small garden back and front... I downsized when the children left but now wish I had two other bedrooms for grandchildren... however, I have the nicest neighbours you could wish for... they keep to themsleves and keep their places in order..They dont walk into each other houses but watch each others property when were away on holiday.. The shops are a two minute walk over the road , I have a bus service that turns up every 15 mins very near my house....I have two lovely parks very close to my house a museum, pubs, river walkways, everything I could want.. so Im happy..

Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,860,573 times
A ten. It is my third home so I took the features that I liked from my previous two homes and eliminated the things that I didn't like. I took my time to find the home that I really loved. I didn't list my previous home for sale until I found this one, bought, closed and moved in so I wouldn't be under pressure to settle for less than I wanted just because there was a time crunch.

Everything I want: location is perfect, extra large yard with just the right mix of mature and young trees. Very low traffic area. Three car garage, four bedrooms, dining room, kitchen nook, family room, living room, 2 1/2 baths. Laundry room with plenty of shelves and storage.

One of my favorite features is a huge, bi-level deck. 50 feet by 30 feet which is perfect for entertaining.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
What I love in a house is privacy.. there are so many beautiful expensive houses , but they mostly look on to someone elses property from the back garden.. Ive never liked this.. and if I had my choice and the cash.. it would be a detached house with plenty of ground all round it and a loch in the distance out the back or stream with no other houses... OH well I can dream..

Old 05-20-2016, 03:50 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
For me it's a 10, good, quiet neighborhood, dead end street, for others they would rate it less, but this is my second month here and there are issues but i'm more than happy. I'm at peace and feel secure, that worth a 20 in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House