Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've gone into great detail about it on this thread. Bottom line - (no pun intended) - it didn't flush well. Took two flushes, even for just errr, liquid and toilet paper.

It wasn't the one with the bidet.
Thanks - I went back and read them all and was about to delete my question to you as you had indeed already answered it! Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 10:20 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Not a fan of new "energy saver" toilets.
They often require more than one flush(defeats the purpose of energy saver) and clog up easily.
Then you have never tried a Toto..!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:35 AM

3 posts, read 3,128 times
Wow, didn't expect to see such enthusiasm of toilet. You guys love toilet by heart. To be honest, my toilet didn't age itself. I smashed it using a war hammer with fury in my vein. So it literally cracked. End of the conversation.
Speaking of new toilet, what price range should I consider, 300-400? I've seen a lot of people suggesting me to go for TOTO. Any specific model or does anyone has objection.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:27 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Lam View Post
Speaking of new toilet, what price range should I consider, 300-400?
...didn't expect to see such enthusiasm of toilet.
My take is that those who have spent $400 on a toilet...
have a high need to defend their choices; often with enhthusiasm.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
American Standard. It's a low water flush that works perfectly on everything from Gravy Train to golf balls. The oval bowl fits the male anatomy better, and since I have gotten used to the higher seat the old one in the back bathroom makes me feel like I am squatting over a hole in the floor of a prison cell. That one gets replaced soon, with another American Standard.

The only justification I can see for a low seat is if you are toilet training small children.
I'm 6'3, and I can't stand tall ones. Elimination is much easier with a short one, much less work. I have one tall one in my apartment and can't stand it.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:41 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I'm 6'3, and I can't stand tall ones.
Elimination is much easier with a short one, much less work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DiSuFgeUU0

Old 02-06-2017, 11:32 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
We have a Toto Drake in our master bath, also have a couple of American Standards in our two other bathrooms.

We have plungers by the American Standards.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:52 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I'm 6'3, and I can't stand tall ones. Elimination is much easier with a short one, much less work. I have one tall one in my apartment and can't stand it.
Yikes. TMI I think.

I don't know any folks that prefer the shorter heights, certainly not tall people! But to each his own. If you ever become afflicted with bad knees or hips, or just become injured, you'll appreciate the height.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:53 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Lam View Post
Wow, didn't expect to see such enthusiasm of toilet. You guys love toilet by heart. To be honest, my toilet didn't age itself. I smashed it using a war hammer with fury in my vein. So it literally cracked. End of the conversation.
Speaking of new toilet, what price range should I consider, 300-400? I've seen a lot of people suggesting me to go for TOTO. Any specific model or does anyone has objection.
I believe mine were in the $250 range.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just be careful, because that "new technology" can really bite you in the arse.

We had "new technology" (translated - "water efficient" design that required at least two flushes to "perform") and it cost us a pretty penny. After suffering through this stupid toilet thing for nearly two years, we went to a showroom where we could actually flush a series of toilets - and the cheapo American Standard was the best by FAR. I mean, I guess we could have spent $1800 for one that flushed as well as the AS, but we chose to spend $200 or so instead.

I mean, it's a toilet - not a piece of art. I'll hang the art elsewhere in the room, thank you very kindly.
We bought a low flush toilet for a bathroom redo in the late '90s. It was not a good flusher. We have American Standard toilets in this house dating from 2002. They are good flushers. And they are extra tall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House