Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 06:35 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
LOL!! Thanks for being so brave to venture out to "the other side". Most men have no idea the straight-jacket we live in. Just FYI, you can swivel the bra around to the front so you can see the hooks. I had to tell my 65 year old sister this when she complained it was getting difficult to reach the back....don't most of us do it this way?
Ha! Back in the day when I was slim but reasonably well endowed it was easy to swivel the bra around to the front, but equally easy to unhook it at the back. Now that I'm much older, with more chubby bits and much more in the chest department, it's really difficult to swivel the bra around and almost impossible to reach the back!

On topic - in the house I'm sometimes barefoot, sometimes not. If there's a pair of sandals nearby I'll slip them on, if not I'll go without. Never really think about it. Socks only required about 6 days a year in my climate. Would never leave the house without footwear and couldn't drive in bare feet, although my daughter does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:01 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
It never occurred to me that anyone would not go barefoot in their own house unless it was a cold issue.

But my husband will not do it, and was shocked when we first met, that I would be barefoot.
Even to take 2 steps, he scoots into his "house slippers", some kind of cushy sandal.

I find that odd, so was curious what is "normal" to others.

P.S. Our floors are clean, lol.
i go barefoot outside my home too

Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
This is SOOO funny! Hating all feet....wonder if other body parts elicit this strong emotion....

Yeah, our poor body parts need some air, "no bueno" being stuffed up and unable to breathe!

the saying:"I love you from your head to your toes"

my revised version: "I love you from your head to your ankles, anything after that, you're on your own".

I hate feet.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:40 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,600 times
Shoes off in the house. I'm Canadian, and I don't know anyone who wears shoes in the house. Even workers take their boots/shoes off unless they have those disposable booties to wear over them.

I wear big work socks when it's cold, and go barefoot when it's hot. My husband almost always wears socks.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:06 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
I do not believe in wearing shoes in the house because you track in everything outside. I do not want sole debris from walking on city sidewalks, in public bathrooms, etc. tracked into my living, kitchen, personal bathroom, or bedroom. If it's winter put on socks.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:40 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
I have ankle problems that are helped by shoes with firm arch support. I don't have anything against bare feet, but they're not good for me.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
My feet get cold so easily so usually not. Maybe in the summer if I happen to be wearing flip flops that day but otherwise no.

I also feel achy without any support under my feet. Bad for my joints.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Wow, I have never heard of so many oily feet in my life. My feet are dry, unless I moisturize them, which I do. But I just don't think they're leaving "foot oil" everywhere. Doesn't matter much anyway - we have nearly all travertine, wood, or tile floors and here in Texas they just feel deliciously cool for about 9 months out of the year. The other three months I wear thick, woolly socks if my feet get cold.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:51 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,783 times
I'd probably be permanently barefoot if it were a choice... except in dangerous situations of course. It is the natural way feet are meant to be! An ex of mine wore shoes and socks at all times. Put them on after the morning shower and just took them off before bed... even when all we did was lounge around on the couch. That was so very weird to me.

I'm sure some people who read this will be thinking "ewww. grossss.. bare feet!" by now. 99.9999% of modern people bathe regularly. Their feet don't get gross just by walking around the house no more than their hands get filthy touching some furniture. Nor do their feet exude oils that mat the carpet down. Good grief. If anyone's feet are than oily, they should probably see a doctor.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:00 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,321,661 times
Good thread topic. My sister and I were just discussing this. We grew up with carpeting in the house and for a few years only had hardwoods in the bedrooms. Our homes now have hardwood floors and we're starting to experience leg pain. We suspect it's because we transferred our habit of walking barefoot on carpeting to doing so on the hardwoods and it has damaged our lower legs and feet. The pain is completely relieved by wearing house shoes. Our husbands have always worn house shoes and have no pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House