Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 12:02 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I wear ballet slippers. If I try going barefoot I always wind up with a dog hair splinter in my foot. Those are so annoying.

Probably THE most comfortable shoe in the world. In my younger days, I used to wear them ALL the time. Toe shoes on the other hand....lol.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 12:22 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is the only way I walk around my house.
Same here!

Old 05-05-2017, 12:25 PM

51 posts, read 43,505 times
my foot doctor told me that if you have a cat the cats hair can go into your foot philacule and it has to be taken out of the swollen part of my foot. so never again did I walk around with out my house slippers. also planters warts are common for me.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:34 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
This was on Dr. Oz today! University of Arizona did a study showing that people who do not take of their shoes when entering the house bring in 9 different strains of bacteria that is on their shoes from walking out side the home! BTW, I always make people take off their shoes. If my children are wearing flip flops then they must was their feet right away. Besides that, if they want to be barefoot or wear socks that's up to them.

3 Gross Reasons You Shouldn't Wear Shoes In The House | HuffPost

Old 05-05-2017, 04:58 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,580 times
I don't go barefoot outside of my bedroom. I don't like the feel of a cold tile floor on my bare feet.
Now my son wears his bare feet all over the house.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Nicely kept feet are lovely! I like all the different colors now that people can wear. Whenever anyone goes for a pedi it's like let me see your new color! Ooooh. Ahhhh. I think a lot of ladies are choosing sandals specifically to show off their pretty toes.
Me tooo - so many great new colors. Cheap fun!

Old 05-05-2017, 05:35 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,479,051 times
I've read it's good to go barefoot. Supposed to massage your feet, and keep them healthy. It stands to reason that keeping your feet bound up in tight-fitting shoes is unnatural. Probably a lot depends upon the type of shoes you wear during the day. I've always gone barefoot around the house, even though I occasionally step on a sand burr or goat head.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times
Do you use public bathrooms? Do you walk inside your house with the same pair of shoes? Case closed.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:50 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
This was on Dr. Oz today! University of Arizona did a study showing that people who do not take of their shoes when entering the house bring in 9 different strains of bacteria that is on their shoes from walking out side the home! BTW, I always make people take off their shoes. If my children are wearing flip flops then they must was their feet right away. Besides that, if they want to be barefoot or wear socks that's up to them.

3 Gross Reasons You Shouldn't Wear Shoes In The House | HuffPost

I don't doubt that, but it is 9:44 pm on friday and I still have on my timberlands from 7 am this morning, and, while it does sound gross, (and it is), bringing germs in from the street, I haven't been deadly sick or anything, and keep a clean home

my timbz are like walking on cushion as opposed to bare wood floors. I am surprised that most people go barefoot in the house..........but then our climate here in NY basically sucks

even as children living at home, (and were children of way back when everyone had wall to wall), we didn't walk barefoot, we wore socks......

PS: I cant read the 3 gross reasons, because I'm sure they are.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:10 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
It never occurred to me that anyone would not go barefoot in their own house unless it was a cold issue.

But my husband will not do it, and was shocked when we first met, that I would be barefoot.
Even to take 2 steps, he scoots into his "house slippers", some kind of cushy sandal.

I find that odd, so was curious what is "normal" to others.

P.S. Our floors are clean, lol.
Other than at beach with soft, fine grained sand - I do not "go bare foot."

In the winter, I wear warm slippers. In the warmer months - flip flops.

I NEVER go barefoot in my yard - or any where else. I was brought up to wear sippers.
I still do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House