Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,525,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
The rear yard of the house in back of me is next to the rear yard of my house separated by a fence. A few years ago he moved in and put in a pool immediately. He is often out in his bathing suit with his kids in the pool every day it isn't raining. Every time I look out the window I see him in his bathing suit. I really don't want to have to look at him. He also drinks beer when he is outside and grills dinner every night in his bathing suit. He obviously doesn't work so I see him often in his bathing suit. Whenever I glance out the window I see him, It is really beginning to bother me. What should I do? Did I mention that he is always in his bathing suit???
Hmmmmm, that's strange, I just moved into my house a few years ago and immediately put in a pool, I work from home and put in a lot of hours so I go in everyday it doesn't rain, I play with my kids, I drink beer (put on a few pounds), and grill as often as I can. Strangely enough, I have a nosey neighbor behind me always staring at me, don't know what's going on, never says hi or talks to me, if I could put up a higher fence I would, they are weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Unfortunately there is a fence, the maximum allowed by code. My yard is higher in elevation than his and my house is taller than his so looking out my window and I see Cousin Eddie
So plant some hedges. And stop staring! He's in his private yard. There's nothing you can do about what he does in his own yard. He can't do anything about what you do in your yard either. Maybe find some hobbies besides staring at your neighbor? I mean the guy has lived there for a few years and now all of a sudden he bothers you....that's just weird.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:20 PM

858 posts, read 1,806,644 times
Quote:
No, he isn't looking good. He has long hair, tattoos, and a beer belly and wears a bathing suit that is probably 2 sizes too big
It'd be worse if it was 2 sizes too small, right?

Just don't look at his back yard, there's nothing you can do about he enjoying his pool in, horror of horrors, his bathing suit.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:41 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Hold up here a moment. They are "trash" because they own dogs you don't like??? And you'd "gladly" kill dogs because you don't like the breed? What if they were Shelties? Or Beagles? Still gladly kill them?

GTFO.
Nope, Beagles don't eat people's children. If someone else's beagle came onto my lawn I'd try to scoop it up and bring it back to it's owner. A pit bull is getting put into the ground by any means I have readily available.

And yes, anyone who owns a pit bull is automatically trash. Don't give me that junk argument along the lines of "it's all about how the owner raises the dog", because it isn't. Oh it hasn't attacked anyone YET? It's just a matter of time.

I've never seen respectable people adamant about owning vicious dogs that are liable to "snap" on a moments notice, with or without any provocation. You might as well own an alligator or a hyena.

Pit Bull Mauls, Kills Four-Year-Old Girl Days Before Her Birthday

▲Story after story after story just like the one above. ▲
You'll never read a story like that about a Poodles or Beagles, or even large dogs like Great Danes or Dalmatians. Pit bulls are trash, and their owners are scum among human beings.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:44 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,521,460 times
Quote:
<>Did I mention that he is always in his bathing suit???
Poke your eyes out with a stick. Meanwhile, where's his wife?

Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 AM

613 posts, read 944,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Why is she keeping checking to see what he is wearing. It appears the OP is a voyeur, and keeps checking out the neighbors back yard. If it offends her to see him in his own yard, being with his kids, using his pool, and grilling food for his family, then don't look. It appears she has a fixation on checking out his yard, to see what he is doing in the privacy of his own property.

It is not up for him to change his habits, but for her to change hers and quit invading his privacy by looking over to see what is going on. It is almost like she is what is called a peeping tom if she was a man, peeking into the neighbors private life in his own yard.

What does she think a man with a pool should be wearing in his back yard. She says he wears an oversize swim suit, so he is not doing anything indecent.

The problem is not the neighbor, but a nosy neighbor that cannot keep her eyes off of the neighbor over in his yard, with as high a privacy fence as the law allows. He is doing all he can do, so she should quit her voyeur habits of checking out to see what he is wearing in his back yard.
Wow. According to most posters on this thread, not only is the OP wrong for being bugged by the view from her rear windows being that of a fat guy with tatoos, etc. cavorting in his bathing suit almost every single day, but she is painted as some kind of voyeuristic pervert. How many people would enjoy that as their "view"? I wouldn't, so I guess I'm an A'hole too. It's "in her face", almost literally, should she pretend to not see it? Aren't people allowed to like, or dislike, the views from their houses anymore?

Out of my front windows I have views of a couple of the neighbor's houses that I don't like--one with a weird color & a weird fence, etc. etc. Am I wrong to think that house is an eyesore?

The rear view from my house is my yard, then a rock wall, then woods. Nature. An occasional deer...... No fat guys with tatoos cavorting in their bathing suits......guess I'm lucky.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 AM

1,884 posts, read 3,032,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyWW View Post
Wow. According to most posters on this thread, not only is the OP wrong for being bugged by the view from her rear windows being that of a fat guy with tatoos, etc. cavorting in his bathing suit almost every single day, but she is painted as some kind of voyeuristic pervert. How many people would enjoy that as their "view"? I wouldn't, so I guess I'm an A'hole too. It's "in her face", almost literally, should she pretend to not see it? Aren't people allowed to like, or dislike, the views from their houses anymore?

Out of my front windows I have views of the neighbor's houses that I don't like--one with a weird color & a weird fence, etc. etc. Am I wrong to think that house is an eyesore?

The rear view from my house is my yard, then a rock wall, then woods. Nature. An occasional deer...... No fat guys with tatoos cavorting in their bathing suits......guess I'm lucky.
Well, if you are concerned about the views of other backyards, then one should not buy the house on the hill, one should by a house on flat land where a fence blocks the view of the backyard of the other houses.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:55 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
Quote:
He seems a little trashy, think Randy Quaid in Christmas Vacation maybe that will give you a better idea of what I have to look at

And you don't think Mrs. Kravitz was trashy? MYOB

Quote:
I just feel that his whole yard is on display and there is nothing I can do about it.

You can move - again. Or you can look out your front windows - or don't look out any windows. It's your choice to look out and see him. Really, if a man and his children enjoying time together is bothering you, don't look. But you really need to be grateful they aren't teens with absentee parents - oh wait, they will be teens some day.

Quote:
Unfortunately there is a fence, the maximum allowed by code. My yard is higher in elevation than his and my house is taller than his so looking out my window and I see Cousin Eddie

STOP looking out your back windows. You have other windows, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
Well, if you are concerned about the views of other backyards, then one should not buy the house on the hill, one should by a house on flat land where a fence blocks the view of the backyard of the other houses.
Since the OP recently moved into this home, and was agitated by one of her neighbors in her previous home, one would wonder why she didn't take more care in selecting the location of the new home.

The single factor in buying our retirement home was its location. No neighbors, no visible other backyards, privacy, not exactly seclusion but close. In the OP's case, a little less focus on the house and a lot more focus on the property and its location would have been wise. Oh well, I am guessing when those boys with the long-haired Dad with tattoos become teens, OP will be moving yet again.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:04 PM

806 posts, read 876,569 times
If you can't block the view with a fence or hedges , you're just going to have to live with it . As long as your neighbor isn't breaking any laws , he's free to dress any way he wishes . Deal with it .

Old 07-22-2017, 01:09 PM

45,344 posts, read 60,522,810 times
I'm finding this thread hilarious because a few years ago when an investor bought the house next door and immediately began to complain, and demand I be code enforced, because my vegetative screening impeded her view into my yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House