Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:54 AM

12 posts, read 11,670 times

Advertisements

In my home

I have me at my brothers graduation also a bwfc squad photo , two in graved bwfc tickets and other ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 06:42 PM

7,772 posts, read 6,378,272 times
We have a number of framed posters from places we have been, plus a reproduction 1855 map of Florida. I recently framed a 13 star "Betsy Ross" flag and hung it on the wall. One wall of our dining room has family pictures starting with me at 3 years old (I am now 83) and our kids as they grew up and our grandchildren. In the back room we have a picture of my aunt standing in front of her car. The license plate is dated 1917. There is another picture of me as a sailor standing by a large diesel engine.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:01 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,181 times
I dont think in all my years I ever had a picture on the wall........

Old 07-21-2017, 09:56 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,203,415 times
A whole lot of original oil paintings, pastels, and photography. Oh, yeah, and my "Despair: It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black" poster.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:43 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,677 times
We have family photos and photos we have taken and enlarged, some fun prints like my chicken of the sea canvas in the bathroom and also my latest find Mandy Budan who does lovely abstract landscape/nature paintings.
Attached Thumbnails
What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-hide-seek.jpg  

Old 07-22-2017, 08:16 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
In the living area several large acrylics; Leland Holiday, Denham, ...

Old 07-22-2017, 10:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
My mom was a very good painter so I have an appreciation for original paintings and have a lot of them - hers and others that I've stumbled upon over the years, big and small. I also have some antique plates hung in the dining room. My husband and I love clocks so we have some of them too.

Here's some of the artwork around the house. Most of it's original but some isn't - for instance I love the blingy mosaic piece in the master bath, but it's just from Pier 1. The painting of the boat in the pond was just something we found in a furniture store but it reminds me of a much beloved place in my childhood. The painting above the sofa is by some unknown person but it reminds me of a favorite park in Germany - and I love the colors. The fleur de lis above the mantel is some piece we found in a resale shop but I love the intricacities of it. The shotgun house in the New Orleans bathroom is a little watercolor we bought from a street vendor in New Orleans. The pen and ink of the ship is an original by a friend - I am honored to have it hanging in my house. Same with the silly dog painting of our two dogs - which was a present to my husband from me on a recent anniversary. The sunflowers are painted by my mother. The antique Last Supper print is from my grandmother's house. The little painting of the pastoral scene is just something I found for about $20 in a resale shop and it's dated from, I believe, 1910. It reminds me of the Texas countryside around here.

I'm a sucker for nostalgic stuff on the walls!
Attached Thumbnails
What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-9.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-17.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-15.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-6.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-12.jpg  

What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-14.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-5.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-2.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-4.jpg   What pictures/art work do you have on the walls of your home?-art-11.jpg  

Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
My house is mostly windows, so there isn't a great deal of room for photos. What wall space exists is taken up by furniture. I do, however, have a photograph of a barn taken by a local artist, two large photos of my kids taken when they were preschoolers, and another one of my g-grandmother and her dozen siblings taken around 1915 or so. Otherwise, the things on the wall are functional.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,912,049 times
I collect signed Windberg originals. We have probably 20 of them on the walls. I also collect signed original Charles Beckendorf pencil animals. I've got a few of those. The wife collects old water color paintings from German artists of mostly nature scenes. Consequently, we have very little wall space to look at but lots of artistry.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:43 AM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,699 times
Nothing you could buy at Kirkland's! I do not understand why people hang what I call hotel "art" in their homes. I have some paintings by local artists, a wall sculpture made in Haiti from an oil drum, framed art by my daughter from when she was a kid (still love it) and framed photos I have taken of my dogs and favorite places visited. Mirrors, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House