Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times

Advertisements

We just got a Sears 70013, mostly because it was one of the few that actually filled the space between cabinets and had the features we wanted. My wife loves the look, but I sort of miss our old standard designed unit.
The World of Refrigerators-fridge.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 05:37 AM

8,756 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Shopped price. Bought an LG. Makes all kind of strange noises. You get what you pay for.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:37 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times
New fridge came, in the process of cooling down. Much larger which is welcomed, fits a lot better as expected and happy to find out based on the serial number that it is built in their new South Carolina facility so made in USA.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:37 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
looks good! And I'm sure you will appreciate the additional capacity it has

Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
looks good! And I'm sure you will appreciate the additional capacity it has
Already am, it cooled down really quick (within 1.5 hours) and I packed it. I still have two empty half shelves. I'm beyond happy that I can put two gallons on the one door too. The smaller space around the water/ice is fine because you are given so much area in other places. That full size drawer on the bottom of the veggie and fruit is amazing!

Old 03-22-2019, 02:40 PM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
New fridge came, in the process of cooling down. Much larger which is welcomed, fits a lot better as expected and happy to find out based on the serial number that it is built in their new South Carolina facility so made in USA.

That’s exactly like mine, except the inside is like the dispenser in the door one, but I do not have the door dispenser. I looove mine. I like how bright it is inside and no stooping to look for things.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:00 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Are you seriously telling me that you are contemplating a fridge where $1200 is the "upcharge" for the fancier variety? I doubt I've paid more than $750 for a refrigerator.

Anyway, the side by side configuration stinks. Get a top freezer or bottom freezer unit.
Whoa lol you have a cheap fridge! Ours was $3,200, I love it, worth every penny. It helps the house came with it so I didn’t pay a dime because the house was way under my budget anyway lol. We were looking at new homes where the double wide chef’s fridges were $15-20K. If you don’t pay a few thousand bucks you get a cruddy looking white apartment fridge. Ick! That belongs in the garage at best, somewhere hidden from guests.

PS: That fridge above is the exact one we have but ours is the more silver one. I prefer the poster above’s fridge, looks so cool. If I chose it’d be the one above! Great unit.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:19 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post

did you switch them out?

One has the water thing in the front and the other doesn't

Is this the counter depth? I have one and i like the looks, but it is a side by side, so i can't even fit a frozen pizza in the freezer.

I do have a regular good old spare fridge for storing drinks and frozen things that won't fit in the main fridge.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:01 AM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
I’m going to be needing a new fridge soon , white! But I need more freezer space than fridge , any suggestions ?, thanks.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I’m going to be needing a new fridge soon , white! But I need more freezer space than fridge , any suggestions ?, thanks.
I don't think you will find a standard fridge that has more freezer than fridge space. You do get more freezer space with side by side than you do with a french door or other top/bottom vs. side by side style.

Do you have any room for a separate freezer? That was my compromise, I put a freezer in the garage for the extra space I needed - I do batch cooking so I definitely need that extra space and this has worked out great for me. I went with an upright freezer which has some downsides compared to a chest freezer but the biggest upside is that I don't lose things in the bottom of it, so it's the right choice for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House