Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:53 AM

478 posts, read 418,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This is one of the dumbest threads I have read in a while.

Man. You’ve got to read the toilet seat thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 AM

478 posts, read 418,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Well apparently, most of the people here rather share butt cheeks with random people. This is my future private bathroom you're talking about not no public restroom.
No. We just use bathroom cleaners

Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I am currently buying new construction. Like any other place I have ever lived I will still replace the toilet seats once I close!
That is a weird thing to do. lol

Quote:
Well apparently, most of the people here rather share butt cheeks with random people. This is my future private bathroom you're talking about not no public restroom.
Ever hear of Lysol? It will be cleaned before you move in and you could easily spray it down with lysol and kill all the germs. Here is something that may freak you out even more.......That brand new toilet seat you will go buy will most likely be made in a foreign country. Most likely China where there are other diseases, germs and variants of those that will be all over that brand new seat. Multiple workers in that factory will have had their hands all over it and they are not sanitized before packing and some of these places don't have the most sanitary conditions. My point is you will be exposed to germs your immune system isn't used to seeing just by handling that brand new toilet seat and it's packaging. lol

You germophobe people crack me up sometimes.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
So I guess now the new generation of prisses are going to require a swab and culture off the hind end of any friends or family members visiting before allowing them to use the terlit?

I was never in the Army but it seems to me that some people need a couple years with that organization. I mean, look at some of the stuff people write here. "Oh my GOD, there's a spider in my bedroom!" Oh NO there are two or three stink bugs in my house!" "What will happen if a workman plops his rear end on my new pristine toilet?" "I can't move to that city, because there might be snakes!" and so on.

If not the Army, maybe joing the Peace Corps instead and spend a few years living in and working out of a tin shack in the Amazon jungle or Cameroons.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:05 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
LOL air is on me.

Nothing against the laborers. I just want to make sure no last minute debris get shoved down the toilet during the clean-up process which I may had to deal with in the future.
Quote:
hmm. Looks like the story is changing a bit.

I am guessing you are one of the people who tell a contractor working in your home that they aren't allowed to use the bathroom

Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

If not the Army, maybe joing the Peace Corps instead and spend a few years living in and working out of a tin shack in the Amazon jungle or Cameroons.
And having to poop in a bucket or squatting over a stinky ditch 100 yards from the tin shack. That would be a bit of a shock to the prisses wouldn't it. lol

Old 02-20-2019, 03:48 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Huh?

Last I checked construction workers were in fact human beings with all the biological requirements of human beings.

Where did this idea that some construction worker's excretions are somehow horrible and tainted whereas the house buyer's stuff doesn't smell and they only urinate the purest mineral water?

Sheesh. If they run a brush with TidyBowl and mop the floor, I'm good.
It's a difference in our beliefs, then. It's absolutely disgusting for (even a well-manicured) stranger to use the restroom in my home. Bathrooms are sacred.

The portable restrooms were there from Day 1 and can stay until the last day. That's how they address their need. If that's a line item that needs to be negotiated with the insistent homeowner because of the extra rent time for the builder, so be it.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:46 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,328,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
It's a difference in our beliefs, then. It's absolutely disgusting for (even a well-manicured) stranger to use the restroom in my home. Bathrooms are sacred.

The portable restrooms were there from Day 1 and can stay until the last day. That's how they address their need. If that's a line item that needs to be negotiated with the insistent homeowner because of the extra rent time for the builder, so be it.

Wow! Sacred yet!

I hope for your sake that you always have lots of money and can manage always to have everything your way. Personally, it seems like way too much work. I'm just going to continue pooping like I always have, not worrying about what might have been there before. Whatever might have been there before is probably about equivalent to what I'm leaving behind me.

Just think, in a world where billions (literally) of people don't even have access to reliable drinking water or latrines that don't contaminate the drinking water, this guy is worried that someone else, some stranger, might use his bathroom.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:53 PM

6,362 posts, read 4,190,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post

Wow, let me understand this, if you had a visitor at your house, “even a well manicured” stranger, a financial advisor, worker, sales person, etc you would not let him or her use your bathroom because it’s “sacred”, like a church?

That might be your belief but from my perspective, it sounds like a major hang up!

Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
I had a couple new homes built and it never occurred to me that that could be an issue. Maybe I'm naive but I knew it would be cleaned beforehand so...big deal...and I was way too excited to worry about stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House