Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 02:19 AM

18,530 posts, read 18,761,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Dizzy do you use a duvet cover on the duvet? That would cut down on the number of times the actual duvet needs to be washed and since the duvet covers are just two sheets sewn together they can be washed easily with your regular laundry.

Also, there are places that sell second hand appliances for a lot less than brand new ones. If you ever decide to buy a new one, go for a machine that doesn't have the big pole thingy in the middle. You can fit a larger load into one of those.

Can you put something in the tub that the duvet can hang over so the water can drip off and make it a little lighter? Maybe a plastic outdoor chair? Good luck.
aw thank you so much rf... actually I put two covers over the duvet to keep it clean.. but my husband has been ill and I feel it needs washed more.. ..thank you again x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Apple View Post
I'm just curious as to why you use the word "bint" as part of your CD name. Do you really think of yourself as a bint?
what has this to do with my post.... it s just a fun name.. Im neither dizzy or a bint.. believe me hahaha..

Old 04-18-2023, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
what has this to do with my post.... it s just a fun name.. Im neither dizzy or a bint.. believe me hahaha..
and you are out of order..

Old 04-18-2023, 04:38 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
For what it's worth, I understand the not wanting to use public washers due to scent intolerances. I once used the laundry mat, one of their big loaders, to wash some blankets. I never could get the smell out from that washing, after that, and ended up getting rid of the blankets.

Another time a co worker offered to wash a couple of jackets for me, because they were too heavy for my portable washer. Same thing. I could never get the smells from her washer out of them (though she used my laundry soap) and never wore them again.

Old 04-18-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
For what it's worth, I understand the not wanting to use public washers due to scent intolerances. I once used the laundry mat, one of their big loaders, to wash some blankets. I never could get the smell out from that washing, after that, and ended up getting rid of the blankets.

Another time a co worker offered to wash a couple of jackets for me, because they were too heavy for my portable washer. Same thing. I could never get the smells from her washer out of them (though she used my laundry soap) and never wore them again.
this is correct the smell lingers forever.. my daughter gave me some curtains and I had to give them away.. I washed them three times and hung them outside.. and the smell of her perfumed powder was still on them. it makes me ill for days so no way were they getting hung at my windows.. Others dont realize what these smell can cause with sufferers of MCS etc.. and its not sneezing coughing .. its a dozen symptoms that are very debilitating

Old 04-18-2023, 12:11 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
Quote:
this is correct the smell lingers forever.. my daughter gave me some curtains and I had to give them away.. I washed them three times and hung them outside.. and the smell of her perfumed powder was still on them. it makes me ill for days so no way were they getting hung at my windows.. Others dont realize what these smell can cause with sufferers of MCS etc.. and its not sneezing coughing .. its a dozen symptoms that are very debilitating

Yes, some smells never ever go away. It's why I never shop at second hand stores.

Thank you for this (MCS). I wasn't aware of this term/diagnosis. I have fibromyalgia, hyperosmia, misophonia, and hyperacusis, but all my senses are super acute with a lot of intolerance. I can't stand looking at someone wearing stripes or dots for instance, and my gosh don't let me walk into a room with loud or busy wall paper, I'll rip your head right off. Touch, too is affected. At work once they bought some cheaper file folders and I coudn't use them, I just couldn't stand the way they felt on my fingers. Just thinking about those folders makes me shudder, even now.

Most of these problems when I am exposed, trigger anxiety and panic attacks and physical pain, too much or too often, lead to fibromyalgia attacks. And once I have a reaction to something, that's it, I can never be around it again.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:41 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Please enlighten me-- what's a "bint"??

Old 04-18-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Yes, some smells never ever go away. It's why I never shop at second hand stores.

Thank you for this (MCS). I wasn't aware of this term/diagnosis. I have fibromyalgia, hyperosmia, misophonia, and hyperacusis, but all my senses are super acute with a lot of intolerance. I can't stand looking at someone wearing stripes or dots for instance, and my gosh don't let me walk into a room with loud or busy wall paper, I'll rip your head right off. Touch, too is affected. At work once they bought some cheaper file folders and I coudn't use them, I just couldn't stand the way they felt on my fingers. Just thinking about those folders makes me shudder, even now.

Most of these problems when I am exposed, trigger anxiety and panic attacks and physical pain, too much or too often, lead to fibromyalgia attacks. And once I have a reaction to something, that's it, I can never be around it again.
If you saw inside my house youd know were on the same page.. very plain wallpaper no busy designs anywhere.. drives me crazy . hate shopping with the strong lighting in shops as well as the smells aisles with perfumes candles..soap powders etc.. I do a trolley dash if and when I shop.... I remember back in the 70s when all these abstract designs were in fashion... I bought a main wall wallpaper with a geometric design and it lasted one day... I felt so nauseous.. so know where your coming from... and good we can nowadays talk about these things .. as we were seen as weird not so long ago.... wish you well...

Old 04-22-2023, 11:46 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,279,610 times
Dry Cleaner?

I've used big machines at a laundromat. They have attendants and clean the machines between uses.

Old 04-22-2023, 02:01 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,910,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Also why can't you use proper English with apostrophes: I'm instead of Im, can't instead of cant, isn't instead of isnt and that's instead of thats. It's tedious reading someone's improper English. You are not a grade schooler or totally uneducated, are you?
Funny, I read the whole post without noticing the lack of apostrophes.

I guess my mind is sharp enough to insert them where they werent.

Isnt yours?

(Did those on purpose. LOL.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House