Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times

Advertisements

I've used a conditioner for fifty years under all kinds of water conditions including ferrous, sulpher, calcium, city, low pressure and pumps. I like it for a number of reasons. The biggest is because plumbing and appliances stay nicer and last longer, I use less soap for all things, and it takes less time to clean a bathroom. I currently use eco-friendly potassium salt and all-natural products that do not contain lye, wood ash, alcohol or tar due to a skin condition. I've never had any trouble when the unit was installed correctly by a qualified installer.

My current unit, a Water Boss (rolls eye) I did not select or purchase and it was not installed by a qualified technician. I have had problems since day one I am still trying to understand.. As for the installer we are in mediation as I write this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:54 PM

286 posts, read 1,481,671 times
What type of problems or what isn't it doing that it should, or is it doing that it shouldn't?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am talking about what the well pumps in GPM. Most will produce more than the pump will pump. Some will not.
One more time and then I'm done.

A well collects and stores water for future use. The rate of recovery is stated in gpm, that's the water that refills the well after water has been used. The level is called the static water level and the water from there down to the pump inlet is usable IF the pump is sized to move water from that depth in the well.

A well does not pump water.

The well pump pumps water out of the well and the volume is stated in gpm and depends on the gpm rating of the pump, the total dynamic head (TDH) of the system and then the hp of the pump required to get the job done.

That is true if you are sucking water with a jet pump or pushing water with a submersible pump.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:17 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
One more time and then I'm done.

A well collects and stores water for future use. The rate of recovery is stated in gpm, that's the water that refills the well after water has been used. The level is called the static water level and the water from there down to the pump inlet is usable IF the pump is sized to move water from that depth in the well.

A well does not pump water.

The well pump pumps water out of the well and the volume is stated in gpm and depends on the gpm rating of the pump, the total dynamic head (TDH) of the system and then the hp of the pump required to get the job done.

That is true if you are sucking water with a jet pump or pushing water with a submersible pump.
Just a drilling term. I develop my wells with air. No pump involved. Just drill rods and an air compressor.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:23 PM

BTW, oil wells are measured in barrels per hour. Those well do not literally pump either. I guess you would have to be in the business to understand.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 AM

Just doing some paper work there. Well logs. The DEQ is asking me how much the wells pump without the pump. What they want to know is how much water the well produces. Should I put "0"????
I would get that log back in a hurry!!!! It will also ask what the well pumps WITH the pump in a separate section. In this case it is 80 GPM with air. 18 GPM with the pump installed.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
Default I do not know the answer

Quote:
What type of problems or what isn't it doing that it should, or is it doing that it shouldn't?
I think it was a poor install. The discharge hose was left in a roll, the over flow hose was not installed; I was told to install it myself. The installer claimes he paid two guys $1000 to help. If you ever saw the diminuitive Water Boss you'd laugh loud and hard at the claim. It was installed in the basement in an open area near where the sump/water pump is located.

This conditionner was never tested for anything and it was not calibrated according to mfg formulae for potassium use.
When the installation was finished it was not backflushed or checked in any was to determine if it was working correctly.

I know nothing about this unit. My last unit was older, had a brass German built head, and performed as expected. We used approximately
two bags of salt every three months. It was set to cycle twice weekly.. We've used four bags of salt in 16 months. This is supposed to cycle every 72 hours.

Since I can't see well enough to read the electronic controls I am pretty much in a boat without an oar. I don't know what it is supposed to do or how, and I don't know how it normally sounds as I have never heard it cycle. I am begining to wonder if it was shipped or trannsported on its side and not standing up. The goof - and I am being kind- who installed it would not know about rosin.

The truth is I don't know who to ask or where to begin as no local plumber will touch it.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I think it was a poor install. The discharge hose was left in a roll, the over flow hose was not installed; I was told to install it myself. The installer claimes he paid two guys $1000 to help. If you ever saw the diminuitive Water Boss you'd laugh loud and hard at the claim. It was installed in the basement in an open area near where the sump/water pump is located.

This conditionner was never tested for anything and it was not calibrated according to mfg formulae for potassium use.
When the installation was finished it was not backflushed or checked in any was to determine if it was working correctly.

I know nothing about this unit. My last unit was older, had a brass German built head, and performed as expected. We used approximately
two bags of salt every three months. It was set to cycle twice weekly.. We've used four bags of salt in 16 months. This is supposed to cycle every 72 hours.

Since I can't see well enough to read the electronic controls I am pretty much in a boat without an oar. I don't know what it is supposed to do or how, and I don't know how it normally sounds as I have never heard it cycle. I am begining to wonder if it was shipped or trannsported on its side and not standing up. The goof - and I am being kind- who installed it would not know about rosin.

The truth is I don't know who to ask or where to begin as no local plumber will touch it.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
And that is the problem with not buying local. I would not touch it either.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just doing some paper work there. Well logs. The DEQ is asking me how much the wells pump without the pump. What they want to know is how much water the well produces. Should I put "0"????
I would get that log back in a hurry!!!! It will also ask what the well pumps WITH the pump in a separate section. In this case it is 80 GPM with air. 18 GPM with the pump installed.
Show me, post a picture of the form.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Show me, post a picture of the form.
Michigan uses Wellogic. I can't do that. I file by computer, we do not have blank forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House