Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 04:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge racing View Post
Thanks desertsun, Any suggestions on which dealership in New Jersey? Also at lowes they told be 20 cabinets (Kraftmaid) about $10,000. What would you guess is the price difference between the merillat essentials,
merillet classic, and the merillat masterpiece say for 20 cabinets.? Just so I know a rough idea on the pricing between the 3 merillats. Thank you again
If Lowes told you $10,000 then you can cut that right in half for most smaller kitchen dealers with a like brand.

The Merillat Essentials might cost you about $3000. The Classic about $5000 and the Masterpiece about $13,000. Yea I know. I told you they were expensive. $13,000 is after taking off 50% from list price. But just think if Lowes sold that product they would attempt to rape you for $26,000. But you are getting top top top quality of the highest furniture grade cabinets with Merillat Masterpiece. I mean this is Ethan Allen quality furniture cabinets.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM

7 posts, read 62,947 times
Probably gonna save the buck and go with the merillat classic series. Can you suggest a dealer or should I just go to the closest one? We would want a cherry finish. With the easy draws and cabinets close glides. The exterior we would want to match the doors and all the sides that you can see. Thanks again..

Old 03-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Probably gonna save the buck and go with the merillat classic series. Can you suggest a dealer or should I just go to the closest one? We would want a cherry finish. With the easy draws and cabinets close glides. The exterior we would want to match the doors and all the sides that you can see. Thanks again..
Go to my post #106 sponge racer.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 AM

7 posts, read 62,947 times
Sorry I should have been more specific. There are 8 different Kuiken Brothers Kitchen & Bath showrooms in new jersey. Any suggestion on which one I should go to? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Sorry I should have been more specific. There are 8 different Kuiken Brothers Kitchen & Bath showrooms in new jersey. Any suggestion on which one I should go to? Thanks.
The store I used to use has closed or merged with another store. It used to be in Red Bank. They are all the same.

Good luck

Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 AM

78 posts, read 330,478 times
I have been to two kitchen showrooms in North Jersey and looked at the Merillat brand. I believe that kuiken brothers deals mostly with the delux. The showroom in emerson is nice but the one in sussuccusa(sp) on route 10 has a very good selection.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsci teacher View Post
I have been to two kitchen showrooms in North Jersey and looked at the Merillat brand. I believe that kuiken brothers deals mostly with the delux. The showroom in emerson is nice but the one in sussuccusa(sp) on route 10 has a very good selection.
Your Merillat dealers sell every line of Merillat brand. Delux is still in the Merillat Classic line but simply means an upgrade form partical board sides to plywood sides. I know the Succasunna location well. That is where I bought from last Sept when a client payed my way to Denville to consult on his new kitchen.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:07 AM

16 posts, read 128,431 times
I think we are on the same page, just brutaly honest and tell it like I see it, especially when pertaining to Covered Bridge Kitchen and Bath Group.

I looked into your Contractors choice. It appears to be a brand only local to your geographic area which I would not count as a major manufacturer available to everyone everywhere. But I took their sample 10x 10 kitchen and decided to place it on my 20/20. First, when dealers do a 10x10 sample for advertising purposes they should not include the fridge in that plan. It is dishonest and cheating. Agree 100% Yes, they are local distribution only, which i was not aware of. Thanks. They are a specialized offshoot of Aristokraft through my distributer which is a builder's line that i sell for tight budget projects. Good price point and reliable product and backing. While it is limited in door stlyes, stains and sku's, (which is what is dealt with from most RTA's as well as if RTA's are out of stock on an item, have to wait for container shipment to come in for up to 3 months or pay air frieght charge to get quicker) it is what it is. I have three lines of cabinets that i sell. 1 stock line, 1 semi-custom and Contractor's Choice as the builder's/budget line. Also have an RTA line available that i only go to as a last resort when price is really an issue and depending upon the situation, it is either worth it to continue with the potential client or isn't at that point. I was a wholesaler, so i understand the differences compared to other purchase options. Most of my clients don't have a need for 5 day delivery and are fine with 2-3 week on stock lines and slightly longer for semi-custom.

When i design and bid a project, as the business owner, i am making a profit unlike the wholesaler who works for someone else. I am a capitalist and free market American to the hilt and am in this business to not have to work for anyone else again as well as to provide for me and my family. I compete with the wholesale end from time to time and still get the project most of the time, because i come to the site/meet the clients at their home/actually take field measurements/don't wear an orange or red apron and put little boxes in a big box, lol/verify all measurements before ordering/design with real world construction experience and beilieve 100% that the customer is #1. That is something that seems to have been lost by so many in today's world.

Anytime you'd like some insight or the like, feel free to email me.
One thing that is constant in this industry is, we don't know everything and never stop learning.

If you ever have any insight yourself you'd like to share, shoot me an email anytime at tom@ykbllc.net

Thanks and have a good day.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomqr1 View Post
I think we are on the same page, just brutaly honest and tell it like I see it, especially when pertaining to Covered Bridge Kitchen and Bath Group.

I looked into your Contractors choice. It appears to be a brand only local to your geographic area which I would not count as a major manufacturer available to everyone everywhere. But I took their sample 10x 10 kitchen and decided to place it on my 20/20. First, when dealers do a 10x10 sample for advertising purposes they should not include the fridge in that plan. It is dishonest and cheating. Agree 100% Yes, they are local distribution only, which i was not aware of. Thanks. They are a specialized offshoot of Aristokraft through my distributer which is a builder's line that i sell for tight budget projects. Good price point and reliable product and backing. While it is limited in door stlyes, stains and sku's, (which is what is dealt with from most RTA's as well as if RTA's are out of stock on an item, have to wait for container shipment to come in for up to 3 months or pay air frieght charge to get quicker) it is what it is. I have three lines of cabinets that i sell. 1 stock line, 1 semi-custom and Contractor's Choice as the builder's/budget line. Also have an RTA line available that i only go to as a last resort when price is really an issue and depending upon the situation, it is either worth it to continue with the potential client or isn't at that point. I was a wholesaler, so i understand the differences compared to other purchase options. Most of my clients don't have a need for 5 day delivery and are fine with 2-3 week on stock lines and slightly longer for semi-custom.

When i design and bid a project, as the business owner, i am making a profit unlike the wholesaler who works for someone else. I am a capitalist and free market American to the hilt and am in this business to not have to work for anyone else again as well as to provide for me and my family. I compete with the wholesale end from time to time and still get the project most of the time, because i come to the site/meet the clients at their home/actually take field measurements/don't wear an orange or red apron and put little boxes in a big box, lol/verify all measurements before ordering/design with real world construction experience and beilieve 100% that the customer is #1. That is something that seems to have been lost by so many in today's world.

Anytime you'd like some insight or the like, feel free to email me.
One thing that is constant in this industry is, we don't know everything and never stop learning.

If you ever have any insight yourself you'd like to share, shoot me an email anytime at tom@ykbllc.net

Thanks and have a good day.
Well good to have you back. Everyone is suspicious of one time one hit posters. I ask again of you to join us more often. Honest. With your knowledge you can help people save money and be steered in the right direction in their home projects.

Be careful though using the word RTA and American Capitalist in the same line since 95% of all RTAs are made in China.

Good luck man.....

Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 64,996 times
desertsun41- - could you recommend a place i could buy cabinets around the zip 01453 ?

I have looked at lowes, and was thinking about the kraftmaid maple cabinets. Kraftmaid seems to have a bunch of options and colors that really interest me.

I also stopped into a smaller kitchen remodel business today that sells ultracraft.

How do these 2 compare? It seems as all the ultracrafts are frameless?

I would love to hear your advice.... thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House