Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS1 View Post
For some reason desertsun feels like he has to bash Home Depot all the time on this forum and tell everyone that the are sexually violating everyone that walks into their stores. I don't get it. I'm in the same business and and I don't need to bash Home Depot to get business. This is just the most unprofessional way of doing business.
Superduppersparkled who has never designed a kitchen in his life but is better then all of us wants me to ask you MCS1. Here goes. In all your catalogs from any and all major and small cabinet manufacturers who all use industry standards, does any company produce a 44" wide cabinet? I'm not asking about the traditional Texas version of building them in a garage as you and I are very familiar on.

Back to the big orange who only wants your little green. I am surprised you have much good to say about them. As a professional, if you ever go to the professional contractor forums which I am not allowed to mention here, you will find there are almost no professional contractors who have anything good to say about any of the big home improvement stores. Most also have an extreme hatred for HGTV. We all feel that TV show has done more harm to the home improvement industry then the economic depression has. When we get those often calls saying they just watched a show on HGTV and was told they can remodel a whole kitchen for $895 or do a new roof for $1200 or put in new flooring for $450 and we have to explain that nothing on TV is real, it makes us look real bad. Good day to you.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM

248 posts, read 862,585 times
To the first question, a 44" cabinet does not fall in the 3" increment lineup. Can I get a 44" cabinet yes in several lines because I carry some custom ones.

To the second comment. I did not say all kinds of good things about Home Depot. I said we don't need to trash talk them to get business and we don't need to tell everyone who shops there that they just were sexually violated.

Today I had a guy come in who said he watches HGTV and he is buying a 30.000 dollar kitchen.

I guess I see the world differently. Good Day to you!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Superduppersparkled who has never designed a kitchen in his life but is better then all of us wants me to ask you MCS1.

My, how presumptuous.
But that is ok. I'll give KITCHEN CABINETS HOUSTON | (713) 458-1614 | HOUSTON KITCHEN REMODELING a lot of reps.
I've only done three (for my own houses)... so I am a rank amateur, but at least I used quality cabinets... Guess how many board feet of black walnut I needed for my last kitchen, which had 54 cabinets?

(And please don't dig at my screen name, as that is from my favorite national champion saddlebred, which was likely worth several times your house). May he RIP.

Here goes. In all your catalogs from any and all major and small cabinet manufacturers who all use industry standards, does any company produce a 44" wide cabinet? I'm not asking about the traditional Texas version of building them in a garage as you and I are very familiar on.

Custom cabinets beat Krapmaid, Merrillcrap, Mascrap, and all the others.

Back to the big orange who only wants your little green. I am surprised you have much good to say about them. As a professional, if you ever go to the professional contractor forums which I am not allowed to mention here, you will find there are almost no professional contractors who have anything good to say about any of the big home improvement stores. Most also have an extreme hatred for HGTV. We all feel that TV show has done more harm to the home improvement industry then the economic depression has. When we get those often calls saying they just watched a show on HGTV and was told they can remodel a whole kitchen for $895 or do a new roof for $1200 or put in new flooring for $450 and we have to explain that nothing on TV is real, it makes us look real bad. Good day to you.
Mine in red.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS1 View Post
To the first question, a 44" cabinet does not fall in the 3" increment lineup. Can I get a 44" cabinet yes in several lines because I carry some custom ones.

To the second comment. I did not say all kinds of good things about Home Depot. I said we don't need to trash talk them to get business and we don't need to tell everyone who shops there that they just were sexually violated.

Today I had a guy come in who said he watches HGTV and he is buying a 30.000 dollar kitchen.

I guess I see the world differently. Good Day to you!
Thank you for injecting some civility into this post.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Thank you for injecting some civility into this post.
Sorry man but he is wrong, so wrong I lost all respect and will ignore him anymore. He is talking custom made. I harped quite clear on my question referring to major cabinet manufacturers. Him calling his "a line" tells me he works with those who build painted wooden boxes in their garage or on site on the wall. He knows what I'm talking about. It's the Texas way.

I stand by my facts. No brand name cabinet manufacture on earth makes a 44" box. None. And if I remember that ridicules post you are referring to, the big orange only sells brand name. Not even the Chinese make a 44" box.....in any dimension.

Make a box in your garage or in your private shop? Sure, anything goes. But Home Junkpo does not do that nor does any lumber yard.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:36 AM

248 posts, read 862,585 times
I carry brand name cabinets and some of them are custom, so if I order a 44" box they will make a 44" box. Are they in the catalog? NO. I already said it does not divide by 3 so I can't get that in my standard lines. I carry both. I do not use any of the guys who build on site. I have a showroom and I sell major brand cabinets.

...and I guess it depends on what you call name brand. Most of the lines I carry have been in business 30+ years.

Have a great day.

Last edited by MCS1; 03-25-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times
Quote:

Wow, it's attitudes like this that force people to "DIY" everything in their homes. I can forgive a homeowner's mistakes & foolishness a lot easier after seeing a post like this. Not everyone trying to save a buck is a "cheapskate", and most people with average incomes would gladly live in a home with "cheap" new cabinets instead of old builder-grade cabinets.

The cabinets I pulled out of my most recent rehab were thin & cheap when they were new, yet they still lasted nearly 30 years. Most of the neighbors are still using those cabinets, and every one who has seen my "cheap", off-the-shelf kitchen has raved about it. No "certified designer" was needed, (I replaced what was there with the same size stuff. I doubt I spent $3k total, including the cabinets, appliances, sink, counters, a plumber & a professional installer.

The off-the-shelf cabinets from the depot were much better constructed than the ones I pulled out. Not everyone needs or wants a "Ferrari" kitchen for their 1100 sq ft tract-home.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry man but he is wrong, so wrong I lost all respect and will ignore him anymore. He is talking custom made. I harped quite clear on my question referring to major cabinet manufacturers. Him calling his "a line" tells me he works with those who build painted wooden boxes in their garage or on site on the wall. He knows what I'm talking about. It's the Texas way.

I stand by my facts. No brand name cabinet manufacture on earth makes a 44" box. None. And if I remember that ridicules post you are referring to, the big orange only sells brand name. Not even the Chinese make a 44" box.....in any dimension.

Make a box in your garage or in your private shop? Sure, anything goes. But Home Junkpo does not do that nor does any lumber yard.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess all these sink bases are fictitious:

44 Inch Bathroom Vanities - Lowest Prices & Best Deals on 44 Inch Bathroom Vanities - ProntoHome.com=

44 Inch Bathroom Vanities: Research Calibex - Seller Reviews, Ratings

It IS good to know of people/businesses that claim to be in a particular marketplace for a long time, and still don't know what they are doing, as it makes it easy to warn others to run, not walk away.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,723 times
Desertsun41,

I live in Tomball, Tx (zip code 77375), please provide information to kitchen cabinets in/near Tomball. I have not started the remodeling process but want to do the research. My home is only 6 years old.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
Hi desertsun41,

I live in a suburb of Phila and I am considering four different cabinet lines. Can you help? They are 6 square, Jim Bishop, Dynasty and Homecrest.

Thanks for your help. Your advice has helped so many!!

Kcp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House