Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,991 times

Advertisements

Try [url=http://www.TheLuxurEco.com]Luxur-ECO Bamboo Rules.[/url] Great bamboo products and they are certified organic. I bought a sheet set and they are amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,971 times
Default Bamboo Sheets are awesome

I purchased a set of bamboo sheets as a gift for my wife. She says that it is the best gift I ever gave her. Besides looking great, they feel amazing. The feel is similar to satin, or silk, but they are not slippery.

I have also learned that the bamboo fiber repels dust mites, which was important as my wife has asthma.

She was worried about the care/washing, but has had no problems so far, and she washes them in the washing machine, just like the cotton sheets.

I bought my set from SleepSoSoft: Bamboo Sheets.- they have a nice selection of colors and all sizes, the best price I found online - $189 for queen size set including pillow cases-and offer free shipping. The sheets have extra deep pockets, which was critical because our mattress has a foam pillow top and some fitted sheets do not fit well.

One thing to be careful of before buying bamboo sheets is that you must be certain that you are getting 100% certified pure bamboo fiber. If you find anything much cheaper, they are most probably cotton-bamboo blends. I have a set of those too, and they are nice but nothing close to the real thing.

Take my word for it- Once you sleep on Bamboo Sheets. (http:www.sleepsosoft.com - broken link), you'll never want to sleep on anything else.

regards,

StevenO

Last edited by StevenO; 09-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: hyper-link not working

Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,857 times
I just bought 500 thread count 100% bamboo sheets on line at Sweetdreamsbamboo and I just love them. They are so soft and comfortable. Just a little expensive but if you can afford them they seem like they will last a lifetime. They are much heavier and seem stronger than the lesser count I purchased previously.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
Have you purchased any of the new bamboo linens (made from bamboo fibers) for you home?

Do you like them?

I've seen them advertised and described as super-soft. Are the towels as absorbant as cotton? How durable are they (will they withstand frequent trips though washer/dryer)?

I've noticed that the color selection is limited to mostly pale or muted shades. Does bamboo not take dye well? Do the colors fade?
I have only two products made from bamboo fabric, one of which are my socks. I love the fabric and would welcome more items.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
I bought bamboo sheets for my son's room. They're super soft. They wash up great---they don't shrink like rayon, etc. My son loves them! One of his friends even commented on them. When I told him they were made of bamboo, he was amazed. He went home and told his mom he wanted bamboo sheets.

I have two pair of bamboo socks. I bought them last year when I was looking for natural fiber socks that weren't cotton. Bought cashmere, marion wool and bamboo socks. The bamboo ones are every bit as nice as the cashmere and marino wool socks. Just different of course because they're not wool. 100% better than cotton socks---that's for sure. Plus cotton socks always have a percentage of nylon or polyester in them, but bamboo socks don't.

I had no idea there were towels too!

Old 12-12-2009, 11:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Here's bamboo duvet sets!

bamboo duvet - Google Product Search

Old 12-12-2009, 12:54 PM

18,705 posts, read 33,369,579 times
I bought a set of bamboo sheets. They were a bit pricey, but extremely nice- soft/silky, not slidey. No problem with the washing machine.
My dog chewed a few holes in his spot, but he'd do that with anything. If you have a few extra bucks, they are very much worth the money.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:16 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I have not tried them yet, but I hear they're nice and soft. I went to a bamboo farm in Savannah and they said that bamboo could easily replace cotton, since it is sustainable and easy to grow. That is, it does not need to be replanted, but just gets cut and then regrows. But the Chinese have a patent on the method for turning bamboo into fiber, so the US is not able to manufacture the fiber.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,841 times
Found this site with 100% bamboo bedding.

Not a lot of selection but seems to have good quality. Anyone here tried these?

100% Bamboo Sheet, Bamboo Bedding Sets, Bamboo Sheet Set ? Bedandbamboo.com

Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,162 times
I searched and searched for good bamboo sheets. I read all around about thread counts and washing criteria. It was exhausting! I read so many articles and looked at so many prices and on a lot of different sites, but I finally decided that the best deal would be from fiberelement.com I ordered my sheets and have been so happy with them! They feel just as soft as all the sets I felt at brookstone and bed bath and beyond. They're easy to care for and they have exceeded all expectations. Couldn't be more happy with them!

Fiberelement.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House