Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 AM

797 posts, read 3,582,505 times

Advertisements

How can anyone like Baltic Brown? It looks like bugs and ringworms!!! I bet you like wallpaper and carpet too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:05 AM

897 posts, read 2,826,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshjiv View Post
You have to think about resell, and baltic brown is an eyesore and ugly to some.

Uba Tuba looks great since its dark, but has that nice green shading deep in it. You can't go wrong with Uba Tuba.
The "green" in the uba tuba is not appealing to me and like someone mentioned it has been WAY overdone.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:12 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,040,222 times
This query is not 'urgent'.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM

77 posts, read 469,559 times
Quote:
How can anyone like Baltic Brown? It looks like bugs and ringworms!!! I bet you like wallpaper and carpet too!
Because you shouldn't sit there and stare at a 2x2 piece of counter top but rather look at the entire piece...I believe you have EXTREME attention to detail....since when do round spots have to look like ring worms and bugs??? You probably like all white walls with white trims ....like an asylum for you

Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,431,756 times
Quote:
I love Baltic Brown! I think Uba tuba is so ubiquitous.... The most common granite used. And for the record, NO, carpets are not for me. I have Brazilian Cherry hardwoods throughout my home. I haven't done wallpaper in 20 years either.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,747,622 times
Have you checked something that is better than Granite...Is called Quartz..Quartz is harder than Granite easier to maintain and comes in gorgeous assorted colors...
And the price is only a few dollars more..but the quality surpasses Granite anyday!!

Google Quartz Countertops...

Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,382,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
We chose Rogue cabinets on our new home kitchen and cannot decide which countertop to go ? Two options we like are Uba Tuba and Baltic Brown. Baltic is around $1000 more. We like both.

Which one is better ? Which one would you prefer?
Desertsun41 is on the right track here. I have to assume that when you say "we like both" that means you have already negated criticism from many posters about green vs brown or patterns like ringworm. Therefore start thinking about cabinet wood species, grain pattern (straight vs rustic with knots), stain color or paint, glazing?, floor type and color, appliances (stainless steel, white, black, cabinet panels to match cabs?). All of these things combine to give you a picture that only you can decide is harmonious vs visually dissonant.

The decision of what color counter-top in isolation from the above factors, regardless of whether it is granite, solid surface, laminate, etc.,
is never a good idea. It certainly is beyond the scope of the paucity of data you have given us. Good luck.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 PM

681 posts, read 2,361,332 times
Quote:

Your sense of style seems a bit pigeon-holed.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 PM

681 posts, read 2,361,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
We chose Rogue cabinets on our new home kitchen and cannot decide which countertop to go ? Two options we like are Uba Tuba and Baltic Brown. Baltic is around $1000 more. We like both.

Which one is better ? Which one would you prefer?
HereItIs, you need to choose the counter that works with your kitchen. Have you seen each used in a model kitchen, especially when paired with similar cabinet tone and design? Seeing it in full scale might help you make a decision.

Make sure that decision is based on what will bring you joy, not for what some unknown others in a potential future might like.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:51 PM

120 posts, read 715,456 times
Thanks everyone for your valuable comments. We chose baltic brown after considering your opinion and it fitness to our kitchen/cab/appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House